PDA

View Full Version : Not a poll but out of interest

Xeque
20th May 2004, 11:32
If you had the opportunity to travel from London to Sydney in 7 days, beginning and ending the journey by air but with 6 luxurious days on a passenger ship in between and for an all-inclusive fare around GBP 350, would you take it?

takenthe5thamendment
20th May 2004, 12:22
I would have to say no.

I do not 'travel well' by sea. :yuk: :yuk:

Great price for those that can spare the time and can cope with sea travel though.

redsnail
20th May 2004, 13:32
yep, why not? Life's short. :D

Jordan D
20th May 2004, 13:34
Why not, you only get one chance to live life.

Jordan

PAXboy
20th May 2004, 14:28
TTFA has already said it. I cannot go by sea any longer (was alright as a child, though). I would rather go LHR~SYD direct and non-stop(!) in 'Y', rather than go by sea ...

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

PilotsPal
20th May 2004, 17:06
Don't do it! Ships make you fat: the more luxurious it is, the more they feed you.

Rabid Dog
28th May 2004, 11:59
Depends. If it was QEII etc., for sure; but a rustbucket, akin to those seen on Carry On movies, or the Fairstar (you Aussies know what I'm talking about), I'd go by air.

Memetic
2nd Jun 2004, 10:11
Where do I buy a ticket? :D

GlueBall
2nd Jun 2004, 14:23
Depends how "luxurious" your boat is; and your cabin: How many levels from the top deck? Does it have a window? Is it "double occupancy...?" :confused:

Octopussy2
2nd Jun 2004, 14:31
It sounds fab but just one word of warning - check that it really is "luxurious" - the rise of cut-price cruising (in Europe, I think the Australian market is different) has given rise to a number of passenger claims, caused mainly I think by the discrepancy in expectations - people pay 500 quid and because it's a cruise, they expect the QE2. In general, you get what you pay for, so you might want to check out that it's really the bargain it seems.

if it is, GO FOR IT!