PDA

View Full Version : Simulators in Scotland

Hufty
20th May 2004, 09:14
I would like to do some flying on a full motion jet our heavy turboprop airline simulator and was wondering if there are any in Scotland? I understand there is an ATR sim at Prestwick but does anybody know of any others?

I want to avoid travelling down to Biggin Hill or Bournemouth unless I have to!

Thanks,
Hufty

Groundloop
21st May 2004, 08:27
I believe BAE used to have an ATP sim at Prestwick but I think that has now been moved to Woodford.

mad_jock
21st May 2004, 12:00
You are quite correct at it being moved, it was quite happly bouncing around in the room that used to contain all the seats of a 146 last time i was down. Something to do with Ryan Air.

Only other full motion sims in scotland is maybe the Ryan Air sim that replaced the ATP and the sims at Lossie. There was rumour that Stratchclyde Uni was buying an old clapped out trident sim but its been quite a few months since I have had a pint with the lads to find out if it has happend or not.

I would phone up Woodford if you don't want a TRE or TRI to instruct you I would imagine that at the weekend they would be able to fit you in with one of the sim engineers showing you how it all works (don't know if they are allowed to turn the hydralics on though. You would have a choice of 146, ATP or J32 to play with. Don't know what it would cost though.

The other choice is the MCC jet lot down at Craybank. I am sure they can organise a sim at some horrible time in the morning for you to play on.

MJ