PDA

View Full Version : CX DE FO interview/class timeline

Plootoe
19th May 2004, 19:39
Hello All,
Had a succesful Phase I last month, scheduled for Phase II in July. Anyone know the training back log for DE FO's on the freighter? I saw some horror stories on the SO side, delays of up to 9 months from hire letter to class assignment. I need to plot out my unemployed cash outlays for beer and chips and schedule temp work to fill in the gaps, thanks,

P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, we'll need a case of smoke grenades, the good kind, and 6 ski masks...........

Aussie
19th May 2004, 23:31
Whats DE FO mean?

newcadet
20th May 2004, 01:11
Direct Entry First Officer;)

Penske
20th May 2004, 12:39
I have not kept up with the timelines for those that were interviewed after March and early April 2004, but what I can tell you is the following from group of friends who interviewed for the FO spots:

February 2004, 2nd interview = May or June course start date
March 2004, 2nd interview = June or July course start date
April 2004, 2nd interview = call to advise successful, but no course date yet.

Good luck

Plootoe
20th May 2004, 13:31
Penske,
Thanks for the reply, so 4 - 6 months not bad, 6 - 12 may be tough, so my plan is to keep applications current and hope for the best. All null and void though if I dont pass the 2nd interview. Trying to read the tea leaves and looking at the acquisition rate of the 744F's, and applying some logic to crew resources (typically a huge mistake) I would guess they would ramp up the training starting in the fall to plug crews into the new airframes for the new year, so optimistically the timeline will be more along the line of 4 months. Any comments? thanks all,

P