PDA

View Full Version : PMs question time

FNG
19th May 2004, 11:08
Hello friendly geeks, here's a really spoddy RTFM stylee question for you. Why, when I send a pprune pprivate message, does it not appear in my sent items box? Which large, obvious, flashing, highlighted button in the user CP have I failed to press?

Thanks, cheery nerdoids.

PS: is it true that your Moderator is a total evil fascist who rules you with a rod of iron?

Genghis the Engineer
19th May 2004, 11:12
You need to tick the small box at the bottom that says "save in my 'sent items' folder".

The moderator of this forum is a fine upstansting gentleman who failed completely to say anything rude about my flying after I failed to spot a DI failure with him in my RH seat and nearly landed by accident at Luton. I'll not have a bad word said about him.

G

FNG
19th May 2004, 11:19
Derrrr! Thanks Genghis, that's the chappie!

As for the Geekmeister General von Evofuehrer, he was also very nice about my crap barrel rolls the other day, so I forgive him for operating his regime of terror.

Evo
19th May 2004, 11:21
PS: is it true that your Moderator is a total evil fascist who rules you with a rod of iron?

I haven't banned you yet, Mr. FNG, although I must admit that I'm tempted to find out what some of these admin options do...

...but if I did you might not let me have another go in the CAP10...!

PPRuNe Towers
19th May 2004, 19:59
I'd avoid saving all but your most important sent items. The limit for your mailbox is a global one - 45 items is the present setting.

Thus your mailbox clogs up all the quicker if you opt to save your sent missives.

Regards
Rob

AerBabe
19th May 2004, 22:30
if I did you might not let me have another go in the CAP10 Ooh, I didn't know moderators were open to bribery! :ok:
Can you list your various charges please? :=

FNG
20th May 2004, 08:32
AB, the wicked Dictator Evo has ordered me, on pain of assorted vile punishments, to tell you that if you want to know his scale of customary corrupt inducements, you have to pay him first.