PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC Versus Palm OS - Help please!

OneWorld22
18th May 2004, 17:15
I'm thinking of getting a new PDA but as usual I'm confronted with a myriad of bloody choices....

First choice to be made,

Microsoft Mobile Windows 2003 or Palm OS?

I like the idea of having Microsoft apps that i use every day on a PDA like pocket Word and Pocket Excel etc and I understand that multimedia is bettr on the PPC's. But then I read about Palm OS's being so much easier to use and more stable......and they do have Documents to Go which convert Word and XL documents so you can read them.

Dell Axim X3i looks good with built in wireless card and fast Intel processor running at 400mhz but then Sony are producing some great PDA's as well which seem to come with more "goodies" on them and have better screens.

Decisions, decisions........

Anyone out there with latest iPaq's or Axims? Any problems?
Any Clie or Palm owneres out there?

Share your experiences please!!

And I hope PPC/Palm is not like bloody Windows/Mac, I don't want to start a flame war!

Richard, any thoughts about PDA's?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
18th May 2004, 17:30
OneWorld22,

I just gave my wife the Axim X3i for her birthday. She loves it. I looked at all the features vs price and the Axim X3i won over all others. One of the best selling points is that it uses 802.11b so it can access the home and work networks, which is a big plus.

Take Care,

Richard

OneWorld22
18th May 2004, 23:05
Thanks for that Richard, I've been leaning towards the Axim X3i allright, Dell seem to be beating the others on price at the moment for essentially the same PDA. The only downside I hear is the battery which runs out quite quickly especially when wireless is on.

The Sony Clie TH55 also has wireless and is a bit cheaper then the Dell. But it runs the Palm OS, but its battery is aparently superb and runs for days without need for a charge.

But I think I'll go for the Dell, its the best of the lot because of the price and I can get another battery as well.

Cheers,

Naples Air Center, Inc.
19th May 2004, 01:29
OneWorld22,

That was exactly my thought process when I was looking at all the options. :ok:

Take Care,

Richard