PDA

View Full Version : Travel in asia, HELP!!!!!!!

richiya
18th May 2004, 16:35
Hi to all,

I am going to visit a friend who is living in taiwan. I'm leaving from Madrid and I have decided to travel around and take advantage of the trip. I was thinking of stopping at shanghai, hongkong, taipei, singapour and back to madrid. The cheapest qute I have for this is 1390 euros which is something like 1200-1300 US dollars.

Any ideas of where I can get a better deal?? Or is this ok. I can leave madrid at the begging of july and plan to be there a month.
Any help, (web pages, travel agencies....) whould be a great help.
And any cheap place to stay would be a bonus!!!!!
Thanks for your help,
Richiya

richiya
20th May 2004, 12:10
One other thing I forgot to ask, is it really necesary to take all the vaccinations I've been told to take? Hepatitis B, Rabies, Diphtheria, Malaria... it all adds up to more than 300 UK pounds,
Which would you think would be the best to take. I have the web page of www.fitfortravel.com , If you know any other I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Richiya

Guam360
22nd May 2004, 15:44
well alot depends if you are an airline employee.

if you have airline ID, you can stay in Tokyo(NRT) for around $35 for one night stay, in the Washington Hotel or the Narita View Hotel.

The bus from the airport is free just find the right hotel bus that goes to those hotels and just get at that hotel.

Vacinations, Taiwan, It is pretty good there, had some friends who went there for some paragliding and didn't bother with vacinations.

have fun

typhoonpilot
22nd May 2004, 18:39
The only vaccination I would recommend for a trip like that is Hepatitis A, which you may or may not already have. The best one these days is the Havrix vaccine which is a series of two shots over six months. The first shot covers you for the trip and the second will be a booster. I would only recommend Hepatitis B if you plan on sharing bodily fluids with the women in Taiwan. Reportedly over 20% are Hep B carriers. That is a three shot series over 5 months. I wouldn't worry about Rabies, or Malaria on that itinerary. Tetanus/Diptheria would be a good one to have if you haven't ever done so, probably just need a booster of it though.

Typhoonpilot

Not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night :D

richiya
22nd May 2004, 20:32
Thanks for the help,
I don't have a airline ID, hope to have one soon though:)
I asked some people about which I should take and they suggested the same as you, so that's that,

cheers,
Richiya