PDA

View Full Version : Re-wingletted A330/A340?

A-FLOOR
18th May 2004, 14:19
When doing my usual round of browsing pictures of pretty airplanes this afternoon, I stumbled across an intriguing picture of the A340 prototype (CN 001) F-WWAI taken late 2003, fitted with a pair of 737NG-style winglets rather than the usual 747-400-style.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/471618/L

Can anyone closer to the action tell me a bit more about this modification and winglets in general? In particular; how do long, slender winglets compare to their shorter, stubbier counterparts? :confused: :ok:

eal401
18th May 2004, 14:22
That looks interesting, I'd also be keen to hear further info.

But, unless you took it, take the photo off and just leave the link. Airliners.net do not like their photos being posted elsewhere!

A-FLOOR
18th May 2004, 14:26
I left the copyright line in, as I thought that made it quite ok as it takes some of the load of their servers by chucking it into the photobucket.

Forums like PPRuNe tend to draw an extremely high amount of views :ok:

eal401
18th May 2004, 15:28
Afraid that isn't good enough A-FLOOR. It says on a.net:
You may not use these photos on any web page, commercial or non-commercial, for profit or non-profit, without written permission from the photographer. You may however link to the photos in the manner described below.
I'm not having a go at you, I just know what that website is like when it comes to egos getting bruised/rules getting broken etc.

:p

A-FLOOR
18th May 2004, 15:36
Fine.... edited! :{ :( :\ ;)

I suggest we don't talk about a.net too much... just in case it's in violation with their rules :)

eal401
19th May 2004, 10:48
Probably safest!

I'm no fan of the website owner, but the photos can be good. At least people can still see the photo and it is an interesting one!

spagiola
22nd May 2004, 16:41
Afraid that isn't good enough A-FLOOR. It says on a.net:

quote:
You may not use these photos on any web page, commercial or non-commercial, for profit or non-profit, without written permission from the photographer. You may however link to the photos in the manner described below.

Ahem -- isn't that exactly what he did? Link to the photos in the manner described?

kansasw
22nd May 2004, 18:15
posted 22nd May 2004 08:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahem -- isn't that exactly what he did? Link to the photos in the manner described?

Spag, apparently he had initially included the photo as part of the post, contrary to the rules, then edited his post to include the link only not the actual photo. Note at the bottom of the post indicates the change.