PDA

View Full Version : Hawk 115 Crash

Min Decent Ht
18th May 2004, 03:44
NFTC lost its first aircraft on Friday (14th May).

I'm glad to report that both occupants ejected OK. The stude is in good shape but the IP received leg injuries, probably on landing. Get well soon guys.

Details are sketchy and yet to be confirmed, but:

The Hawk was in the circuit at Moose Jaw (208 Sqn equivalent) when it ingested a bird. The engine coughed then quit, the crew had little energy or time to do much with the jet. They quickly elected to leave and take the furniture with them; good choice.
The Hawk crashed in farmland just outside the airfield.
Alas, killing the beautiful lady hiding behind the tree; a well know habit of attractive girls in the windswept Saskatchewan prairies...

Jimmenycricket
27th May 2004, 02:01
What, they managed to hit the one tree in Saskatchewan? You would think that they might give that millisecond of extra effort to miss it, but still float down and land beside it themselves, thus having the attention and concern of said fine young lady heaped upon them. Joking aside, good choice.

jackosmith
10th Jun 2004, 18:33
I heard the RAF student involved has decided to quit the Air Force? Holding on too tight? Anyone know any more?

Av18tor
10th Jun 2004, 18:41
Jackosmith, Youve been watching too much top gun! :yuk: :yuk:

Are you trying to get a responce for some magazine or other? Think you might be barking up the same tree in Saskatchewan!

:E :E

jackosmith
10th Jun 2004, 20:10
That's the rumour flying around Moose Jaw.

Spugford
11th Jun 2004, 20:15
Sorry to say it but Jackosmith is right. The stude had seen enough and 'gave in his wings'.

Last I heard, he's seeking an alternative career as a dietician.

:ugh:

Werty
15th Jun 2004, 10:41
I think he felt he was in a cone of confusion.
http://www.zenbutoh.com/charactergallery/images/Conehead.jpg

CIT Team
15th Jun 2004, 15:48
Wouldn't you be depressed if you were the illegitimate love child of Lintons Conefather himself?

Horrace
16th Jun 2004, 21:57
Very funny boys.

Rumours are all untrue. The student involved is back on course with no interruption at all to his training. In fact he even managed to DCO the trip from which he had to eject and sustained no injuries.

Hope all is well at Valley.