PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining FAA License

Goldenhawk
17th May 2004, 12:37
Friends,

Am a current holder of JAA ATPL, and have an opportunity to fly a Business Jet in Ireland on an N registered aircraft.(Learjet 31)
What loops must I jump through to obtain my FAA ticket on type.
Many thx for assistance,

bluesafrica
17th May 2004, 14:02
A simple theory exam for FAA ATP and a check ride. Check ride can be taken in simulator when you do your next recurrent.
Blues:ok:

dickon
17th May 2004, 18:09
Hi Goldenhawk,

This might well be a stupid question, but do you know of any others?

I am a FAA CPL holder, and that is my absolute dream job. I am also in Ireland and know that there are loads of N reg jets and other planes to be flown but haven't yet been able to find out who owns them. :rolleyes:

Good luck to you mate!

All I know is that the conversion is not difficult and type rating...unfortunately I am not there yet. ;)

Cheers

mark_bateman
28th May 2004, 00:05
Hi,

On the paperwork front you need to fill in a bunch of forms and send them to oklahoma they will then contact the JAA state to confirm your id before you are issued any licences. If this is the UK then you need to first send money and paperwork to the CAA to permit them to divulge your info to the FAA (data protection act)

I did this last year and it was no problem. I did have to go to a branch FSDO (flight standards district office) though so I'm not sure if you will have to do that or there is a better way around it.

Mark.