PDA

View Full Version : Burning audio CD's

tony draper
17th May 2004, 08:23
Got a set of three normal audio type CD's that play on me CD player,can I copy these to a puter somehow and burn them on to another CD,ie I want to lose some tracks and mix down the tracks I want from the three separate CDs,down to one CD .
Will music tracks on a puter produced CD still play on my normal CD player.
I have a few other tracks on my hard disk they are in MP3 format, can I burn these to another CD so they are in the normal audio format that will play on a normal CD player.?
Nephews puter has a normal CD rom type drive plus a CD burner type drive, can one frinstance select tracks from a disc in the nomal CD rom and burn direct to a blank disk in the Burner drive??
Thanks in advance peeps
:rolleyes:

Bre901
17th May 2004, 08:54
CD burning software (Rocio or Nero I'm sure of) do allow you to make your own compilations (i.e. pick-up tracks from different sources, be it another CD or a CD track copied to hard disk) on a CD, which can be read on most of home CD players, except for a couple of very old ones.

However, the home CD players don't read MP3 (except for the most recent ones). You'll have to convert those tracks from MP3 to audio-CD format. Check if the nephew's software can do that, otherwise some Googling (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%22convert+MP3+to+audio+CD%22&btnG=Search) might help, as usual ;)

maxell
17th May 2004, 09:35
Nero will convert mp3 to wav and burn a cd you can play in a cd player
But you need ahead nero not nero express

tony draper
17th May 2004, 10:58
Hmmm begining to think it might be simpler to do it the old fashioned way, copy the tracks in the order I want on, to me old reel to reel tape them down on to a cassette,
Yer just can't beat valves.
Thanks chaps.

:rolleyes:

Wing Commander Fowler
17th May 2004, 11:52
Tony - DON'T GIVE UP!!!

It's really not difficult, let us know what burning software you have and someone will surely be able to give you step by step instructions......

maxell
17th May 2004, 12:37
Dont Give up on it, if you have windows media player 9 i think is the latest have a read of the help files on it.
Media player will copy and burn cd's a little slow compared to Nero or Roxi but will do it

Hamrah
17th May 2004, 13:05
...As will iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/) , even if you don't have an iPod.

H

goates
17th May 2004, 19:11
I agree with Hamrah, give iTunes a shot. It may not have some of the fancy options that other programs have, but it is very easy to copy a CD to the computer, create your own playlist and then burn it to CD again. It can also import any MP3 on your computer. The newest version also includes Apple's lossless encoding, so you can save some hard drive space, but not loose quality like you do with MP3s.

goates

mazzy1026
18th May 2004, 09:10
Do you have any creative labs software? With this you can 'RIP' files from your audio CD to your computer as an MP3, then you can do what you like I.e. make a compilation, mix them an convert them etc, which as previously said, Nero will do happily. I am not sure if there is any other software that can do this, just google it here (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rip+audio+to+mp3&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=)

Cheers

Maz:ok:

maxell
18th May 2004, 12:35
one of the best audio cd rippers is exact audio copy and its a freebie, but if you want to convert to mp3 you need to search for and download the latest lame encoder dll file

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Naples Air Center, Inc.
18th May 2004, 17:25
tony draper,

If you are running WinXP you can even burn CDs directly from WMP. (It is very straight forward.)

Take Care,

Richard

tony draper
20th May 2004, 12:04
Ah Problem sorted, mate's son has a piece of kit,made by Phillips(not a computer) plonk a audio CD in one tray plonk a blank CD disc in tother, and edit cut tracks and copy in any order yer want, one drawback it doesn't use normal blank CDs, using some kind of proprietry ones,anyway he has got some today so he is going to do the biz for me.
Thanks for the help peeps.
;)

ORAC
20th May 2004, 12:54
Depending on the age/model of the Philips there may be a way around having to buy the dearer audio disks.

The early Philips models allow the user to put in an audio CD-R, initialize the CD, and then pry open the CD tray and swap it for a cheap data CD, and then record on it.

Philips caught on to this and, from the 765 onwards, their recorders are designed to prevent it and there is, alas, no other work around.