PDA

View Full Version : CAA's application forms.

skottie
16th May 2004, 22:47
Hi there fellow SA aviation people. I have just signed into the CAA web site to print off a application form for a licence.

There forms have changed a bit since last year and I was checking just exactly what they have changed on all of them.

To my surprise they have added a section for "Population group" with "for statistical purpose" in brackets under it.

You then tick the box African, White, Coloured, Asian or Other.

Surely we are all African's?

I was under the impression that these type of "Questions" died over 10 years ago.

It would be great to hear your thoughts on this and even better, If someone could explain what is the "statistical purpose" is of this as they say.

Safe flying!

;)

clipboard
18th May 2004, 06:57
Why am I not surprised? Top management at the CAA are incredibly racist. They most certainly dislike the "old school" of people there.(if you know what I mean) They're trying hard to set up their own network of incompetent people, and that is clear from recent appointments, and of course, (dis) appointments. Speed cops, taxi drivers, motorbike mechanics etc.

Rumour has it that they have introduced the "Population Group" (for statistical reasons only) to try and establish how many people of color hold licences. The Board is trying to prove to the Minister that there is a transfer of skill taking place, that people of color are being trained, and that he should'nt worry, soon the Inkwazi cockpit will be appropriately staffed, without any of the "old boys" in site. Hee haa! Viva CAA, Viva!:yuk:

Balloothebear
18th May 2004, 07:12
and not to mention that the "hon,prof,aviator,organiser,diver,etc" Mr T. Abrahams name still appears on all official letterheads.
Also worth mentioning, for all our xenophobic readers,that quite a few of the senior appointments are not South Africans of colour,but persons of colour from other African countries.
Mooi man.:\

bladestrap
18th May 2004, 10:48
There was a posting on this site about the dysfunctional CAA some time ago, but reading this posting just confirms what was previously said.

The CAA is now so dysfunctional....... so much that Trevor Abrahams stil appear as the CEO of the Company on all their stationary. There are articles posted by Trevor Abrahams on the CAA website, that even includes his picture. Well, maybe the clowns there know something we don't. Maybe Trevor A has already been appointed as the new CEO again (recently advertised) but an announcement to the effect has just not been made.

It will actually be a blessing if Trevor A comes back, because he is the only person I think, that can pull that place right again.

Bear, you're right my man. The place is riddled with people from ZimBOBwe land, Lesotho, Nigeria, everywhere else but SA. Now can someone explain that to me please? Mbeki's made so many promises about creating employment for South Africans during the elections..... so where have those promises gone to Mr President?????? Why are you taking the bread away from our fellow South Africans Mr. President? Remember, those refugees are only in SA because they can't make it in their own country, or their own country is at war with themselves (Usually the case in Africa) and they are too scared to stay in their country. So they run to SA. Ban them Mr. President, ban them. Take a stand, and post the infiltrators back to where they came from. They don't do our country any good anyway. :E

CaneRat
18th May 2004, 12:08
The best way to put it is, "Welcome to the new South Africa". :(

Deanw
18th May 2004, 14:52
Hmmm, I thought a foreigner couldn't get a work permit in SA if a SA citizen could do the job :sad:

Two weeks ago I was requested to confirm the work permit of an individual from Zim. The permit was a rubber stamp in their passport. I faxed a copy of the permit to Home Affairs and they confirmed telephonically that it was false. They gave reasons, such as permit number totally out of sequence, unknown initials and signature, etc. I asked for confirmation in writing, so they resent the faxed passport, with writting saying that the permit was issued by their office :oh: :eek:

Phoned again - they forgot to insert the 'not' :*

This time they sent a letter confirming the permit was fraudulent on a HA letterhead.

:mad: