PDA

View Full Version : CD audio files to Ipod

Bo Jingly
16th May 2004, 19:29
Hi all,

Well I'm having big problems transferring audio files from my CD to my Ipod. Musicmatch is awful to use and I just keep uploading the same files a multple of times.

Anyhow, I'd like to download audio books from CD's to the Ipod, but the software doesn't recognise the file. Does anyone know of a free or very good programme that will do this easily?

I'd really appreciate your help

Kind reg's

BJ

Hamrah
16th May 2004, 20:43
Puzzled as to why you are still using Musicmatch. Apple have brought out iTunes for Windows. It is far superior to musicmatch. However, you might still need to use musicmatch for the audio book files.

H

spitfire mk1
16th May 2004, 23:43
Check out http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Ah Hamrah

Might have known you would have the toy!!!:ok:

Come back Italy all is forgiven......

I have the 15 Gb version. You are right - iTunes is the program to use. Also, check out ipod lounge. www.ipodlounge.com for all the latest info.

:cool:

this may be relevant http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/books/

:ok:

Bo Jingly
17th May 2004, 21:04
Thanks for the reply chaps.

I tried for ages to install Itunes, but it kept stalling. The problem was easy to solve once I'd done a bit of digging: 'end process' on one of the 2 ipodsetup.exe files that were running'

Anyhow, it runs good BUT:

1. I can't seem to buy tunes / audio books from the site unless I'm a Spam. Doesn't the Brit site have this option? If so, please direct me to the link :)

2. How do I copy / burn files that have - shall we say, been 'restricted'?

Cheers all knowing ones

BJ

ORAC
18th May 2004, 05:59
AAC files are copy protected, MP3 aren't. Go into the options and change the format in which itunes imports tracks to MP3. It's not quite as good as AAC, but it's good enough.

Bo Jingly
18th May 2004, 13:44
Thanks Orac, I appreciate your help.

Does anyone know if you can buy tunes / audio books from the UK site?

Cheers for now