PDA

View Full Version : Awoken by a sexy trump sound

northernmonkey
16th May 2004, 18:35
This morning I awoke to what could only be described as a joyous thundering farting noise. When I pulled the covers up over the fraus head she didn't curse, heave and wretch like normal.

I opened the curtains at castle monkey to witness the lancaster trundling down the promenade at 200ft

A superb sight! Hope its still flying in another 60 years

And thats as nice as I'm going to get to the crabs:D

BEagle
16th May 2004, 20:35
Whose crabs? Yours or your frau's?

northernmonkey
16th May 2004, 21:12
Careful Beag's the 'Thought Gestapo' will descend on you for being naughty.

Pontius Navigator
16th May 2004, 21:42
Only a Lancaster?

Our day started with a GR4 loft attack on Coningsby, a four-engined heavy doing a couple of orbits followed by the Dak making a couple of runs with the door open.

Groundgripper
16th May 2004, 22:17
I, too, was aroused from my slumbers this morning by the sound of six Merlins in perfect harmony as the BBMF flew over the northern ramparts of Groundgripper Towers, a wonderful sight in a clear blue sky. Made my son's day as well - there's nothing wrong with some of the younger generation!

northernmonkey
17th May 2004, 08:00
Thee Spitfire and Hurricane were around on Saturday however through hungover eyes and a cloud from an evening of 'barbecue & beer aftermath' I struggled to see, they sould have well been below the line of sight that I had.

Pontius Navigator
18th May 2004, 06:50
Farmer friend tells me he was at the 617 reunion at the Petwood at Woodhall Spa so that was the probable reason for all the noise. The GR4 was obviously from 617 too.

Blacksheep
19th May 2004, 08:14
Just got back from Berlin and seeing Schonefeld beaten up by a pair of Mustangs. In 2004 the Germans love them. The announcer even told the crowd that they were built to a RAF requirement too. It was a pity that there weren't any Camels to play with the Red Baron's Fokker Tri-plane though, that would have made a great display.

The C47 raised a cheer with the Berliners, for obvious reasons, but I'm not so sure that a Lancaster would be welcome over Berlin - even 60 years on....