PDA

View Full Version : 3rd daily AA @ MAN ?

eggc
16th May 2004, 18:12
Have seen posted elsewhere rumour of a third daily AA flight ex MAN, some confusion on the destination tho'... Chicago & Miami mentioned.
Anyone else heard anything ??

This Charming Man
16th May 2004, 18:50
I 've heard the same but the big one doing the rounds at the mom is a 2nd daily COA Newark service starting OCT04.
This gen from the cabin crew on a recent MAN flight who were informing all the (full) business first section !

Bagso
17th May 2004, 06:34
..isn't the the Miami flight replacing the Boston service in October
same aircraft.

Maybe they will then keep Miami as an all year with Boston coming back next summer ?

aeulad
17th May 2004, 09:46
MAN-MIA will never be on a 757, is not possible.

Regards

Mike

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
17th May 2004, 10:00
Especially as they are using domestic aircraft on the route not even B757ER

Golf India Bravo

elgan
18th May 2004, 11:40
Wouldn't the MIA service be used by a A300 or B767?? MAN needs a MIA link and a LAX link.

aeulad
18th May 2004, 12:12
Again, the A300 cannot do MAN-MIA non-stop.

The ONLY a/c AA would start the route with is the 767.

LAX IS needed, as is SFO, I think with the possible exception of LAS(VS) and DTW(NW), once MAN gets MIA, LAX and SFO, it will have a complete US network.

I think there is huge scope for more VS flights from MAN, they are getting rid of their A343s which could be redeployed to MAN to serve MIA, LAX, SFO, MCO, JNB, DEL, NRT, HKG, BGI, ANU, UVF, LAS etc.

Regards

Mike

no, no, no
18th May 2004, 12:56
are VS getting rid of some 343's then? Has anyone taken them?

sounds like a lot of the list mentioned for VS could be covered by bmi who already do some of them, and have made no secret about doing South Africa and India.

maybe this would be a good stepping stone for the reported "closer working relationship" between BD & VS which has been talked about so often!!!!......

elgan
18th May 2004, 13:14
I can't see why VS can't start out of MAN! It would be good for them. I know there will be a 2nd daily sevice to MCO in the Autumn using a LHR/LGW bases 744. Come on Richard! Open more rotes out of MAN please!

aeulad
18th May 2004, 14:06
Am i correct in thinking the second MAN-MCO will only operate one day a week?

Regards

Mike

no, no, no
18th May 2004, 14:29
I had heard that it is only going to be Sat and Sun as VS are struggling to use it in London due slots for this summer etc....