PDA

View Full Version : Censorship of comment critical of Jetstar on this forum

fartsock
16th May 2004, 11:04
I have noted with increasing dismay that any thread that has comment on it that is in any way critical of the jetstar pilot body is very quickly removed by the woomeras.

I am intirigued - would the woomeras care to state now, once and for all that none of them are in any way shape or form associated with Jetstar.

If not why the overly sensitive censorship - given the vitreol and level of slanderous comment which normally passes for free speech on this forum.

The facts of the Jetstar matter are:

more than 50% of the impulse pilot body have attempted to gain entry to Qantas mainline previously but have failed selection. That they are now suddenly suitable because they are cheap is a disgrace,

A common theme of posts on this forum is that the job of airline pilot is easy, anyone can do it, airline selection and ongoing stringent checking proceedures are meaningless and a waste of time. A view that is now apparently shared by the QF Board - well it must be true then.

The failure of AIPA to publically take the company on over this aspect of the Jetstar 'deal' is another predictable disgrace - I wonder how the media would react if it knew the truth of the above statements and they became widely publisised.

over to the PPrune consituency for comment.

FS

commander adama
16th May 2004, 12:10
Yes Fartface

You just showed what a ******** you are. You won't get any intelligent discussion with your opening post.

Kill the post please Woomera.

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
16th May 2004, 12:35
Back up your drivel with facts and figures, as well as the source Fartwit.

Jeez, I am sure that there are plenty of QF guys cringing everytime you pull this crazy $hit............:{

Or are there?????????:confused:

josephshankes
16th May 2004, 12:42
Fairness is relative.

D & G Reporting Points is no exception, it appears.

Woomera
16th May 2004, 13:07
Mr Sock

This Woomera is not employed by Jetstar, nor Qantas, nor a Qantas subsidiary.

This Woomera has no bias for, or against, Jetstar. As a Woomera, all I am interested in is that persons posting do so respectfully, and don't slander or malign an individual or company, without first providing proof positive of their alleged fact/s.

You might be interested to know that in my long association with PPRuNe I cannot recall one occasion when some one has backed up their allegations that Billy Bunter breaks this rule, or that rule, or is otherwise an unsavory character.

I have the utmost confidence that all other Woomera are equi distant from Jetstar, and practice as much as is humanly possible, objective moderation.

bitter balance
16th May 2004, 13:17
Fartsock - where did the 50% figure come from?

Woomera
17th May 2004, 01:52
I would go as far as to suggest no Woomera has any association with Jetstar. Indeed, any moderating of threads in relation to Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar - or any other airline or aviation operator - have been solely due to inappropriate posts or comments.

Mr Sock, I moderated a thread sometime ago which related to Jetstar air crew, simply because the comments made were incorrect, demeaning and totally unacceptable.

Another Woomera

Buster Hyman
17th May 2004, 03:11
don't slander or malign an individual or company, without first providing proof positive of their alleged fact/s.
The exception to this rule is any discussion involving the Collingwood F.C. and the misery of Whiskery!:ok: :p

Pete Conrad
17th May 2004, 07:19
Ah, colonel, in support of fartsock - no, very few of us actually cringe with what fartsock has to say. He's right on the money in fact.

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
17th May 2004, 08:07
Ahh, Pete, I am disappointed.

With attitudes like that, you're just setting yourselves up for ever increasing alienation.

Pity - we should be a better collective.

Woomera
17th May 2004, 09:15
Not either of the above Woomera and I don't work for any of them either
and I can't for the life of me work out what fartsock is on about.

I don't care who you do or do not work for, if you come here there are rules and fairly liberal ones at that, play by them or go elswhere.

This Woomera wrote the "Ten thingies" and has seen you through the '89 wars, Ansett wars I and II and various other fun times, by all means discuss the pilot prospects and the Impulse/Qantas/Jetstar yeah and verily even robustly, but do not even go near us Woomera taking sides.

Despite some lunatic paranoia from other parts we have never censored or actively edited any topic ever, removed libellous material, yes, banned serial offenders, yes, let things sail close to the wind where there is a demonstrable benefit and why it is the hard hitting but respected forum that it is, yes.

We have also had users deliberately provoke the closure of a thread for their own purposes. We are wake up to that one too.

As I said, do it our way or go find somewhere else.

Hold this forever in your view

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.,

and play nice hey. :)

click!