PDA

View Full Version : Pilot's Paid in $$$$$

antiicing
15th May 2004, 16:55
When will be the day that Airline Pilots in Venezuela get paid in US Dolars???
Every Profit Airlines make is in $$$$
Every Ticket sold is based on $$$$
Spare parts.........$$$$$
Simulator training
Expenses
evrything..............
in change, the ones who make possible, you gess it........they get Bolivares, and most of the times theyre getting a little bit more by savings the PerDiems of each layover, just waiting to come back home and change it to bolivares, in better deal in the black market, well thats to bad, when they go out on Vacations ( if they get one!!!), no perdiems to change, and then pamm!!!! your salary its not the regular one anymore of the other 11 months
so.........when will be the day for the salary in the green bills??? or based unpon a salary well deserved compared to the ones outside in the rest of the world.
in some cases a supermarket clerk makes more than a DC1O captain..........................to sad!!!!!!!!!
I hope the time will come.................someday
payback time!!!!!!!
:ouch:

Panama Jack
15th May 2004, 18:29
This situation is not unique to Venezuela, nor to pilots.

Throughout Latin America, workers' salaries are paid in the local currency while all business transactions are figured in US Dollars and the local currency goes through devaluations. What does this result in? Well, a better environment for business whilst labor gets cheaper and cheaper and most folks plunge deeper into poverty. :ugh:

flufdriver
28th May 2004, 04:16
here we go again;

supply & demand, supply & demand!

As long as there are pilots willing to fly for a given salary, it won't have to be improved!

Eventually people will not be interested in driving airplanes for a pittance and then salaries will have to rise in order to attract people to the profession.

although, i'm not holding my breath that it will happen in my lifetime and by then they will fly 'em via remote control.

supply & demand