PDA

View Full Version : English-speaking jobs with non-UK license?

Blinkz
15th May 2004, 14:40
Hey guys,
Some of you may have seen my threads in medical and training.
I've found out that if I'm to get a JAA fATPL then its not going to be issued by the UK.

Is this going to be a big problem when coming to apply for airlines? both easyjet and BA speciaflly that you must have a UK issued JAA license? Is this the case for all the UK airlines? Another problem I have is that I can only speak english, so flying for other european airlines is probably out of the question.

Last thing I want to do is spend £50k on training to find no airline will employ me due to having the wrong license.

Blinkz
18th May 2004, 10:14
anyone? I've looked around all the airlines websites and I there not that clear. someone must have an idea?

are alot of pilots with non-UK atpls flying for UK airlines?

IRRenewal
18th May 2004, 10:42
You can have the country of issue changed on your JAA licence if you think you might run into trouble with your non-UK JAA licence.

The form you need is SRG1136 which can be found on this page (http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publications.asp?cattype=formcat&id=2) together with a load of other forms, or here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1136.pdf) if you just want this form.

Blinkz
18th May 2004, 10:58
unfortuantly I can't change licence as the UK CAA will not accept my medical. hence I will be stuck with a non-UK licence.

Blinkz
20th May 2004, 00:11
anyone?

does anyone know how much of a problem I will have trying to get a job with UK airlines not having a UK licence?

I don't want to do all my training and have a nice shiney Irish or German or Spanish JAA fATPL and then find that no UK airline will hire me because its not a UK issued JAA licence...

Penworth
20th May 2004, 07:56
Well if british airlines are taking on lots of continental europeans, it shouldn't be a problem a briton with a non-british JAA licence getting accepted as well. Best thing would be to give a few airlines a ring and find out exactly what their requirements are.

PW