PDA

View Full Version : IOM - LPL Route - back on a 146????

The Little Prince
15th May 2004, 10:52
Anyone know anything about a rumoured startup of a 146 operation by Flightline (allegedly) on the above route?
Looks like even less good news for those of us ex Manx Airlines people clinging onto the Rock as BA slash and burn everything. :uhoh:

smallpilot
15th May 2004, 11:01
Flightline dont run their own scheduled routes, not their business. They will operate a/c + crews for other carriers though, often on long term lease.

Capt. Horrendous
15th May 2004, 12:11
There was some talk of EuroManx using a flightline 146 on the route....

This is a crisis
16th May 2004, 16:43
Anybody looked at the www.euromanx.com website recently? The opening page now basically says they are a ticket provider for Rossair Europe.

I don't understand the technicals of AOCs etc but the talk was that Euromanx now only had a cat C licence (?) which only allows them to operate as a ticket provider. Does this mean another entry on the opening page saying they are a ticket provider for Flightline? Or are Rossair sub chartering Flightline so as Euromanx can sell tickets for them?

Any one throw any light on all this? Are Euromanx an airline or what?

fox_trot_oscar
16th May 2004, 16:44
This is a 146 on the IOM/LPL route and an ATR 42 on the IOM/STN route? Not a LPL-STN route?

FO

:confused:

corky83
16th May 2004, 22:47
Did Euromanx not fly under the Catcher (Rossair) callsign when they first started? I was under the impression they had Dutch crew as well.

Dewdrop
17th May 2004, 07:01
Euromanx have never owned the planes or employed the pilots, just another virtual airline.

fox_trot_oscar
17th May 2004, 07:45
"fox_trot_oscar wins a prize"......

Doesn't take much these days then..... if you read the post up to my first post it's not clear if it's an IOM/STN route or a LPL-STN route... If an IOM/STN route as it now seems to be, why would an ATR42 be used over a 146 on the London route with the larger aircraft on the LPL route...? Hence the confusion.

Thanks for the coconut though.

:*

Midland Maniac
17th May 2004, 08:44
I had heard that EuroManx were struggling as an airline and some of their routes would be up for grabs soon. I hear that Emerald Airways with there new ATP's are looking at getting the LPL - IOM route and some others that EuroManx currently occupy. Don't know how true this is, but then again this is a rumour network :p

You splitter
17th May 2004, 10:50
Chaps,

At first glance putting a 146 on the IOM - LPL route does look crazy.
I believe, however, the thinking behind such a move is precisely because Emerald are coming into competion. They have nice shiny new aircraft and I reckon Euromanx are betting that the pax would prefer jet over prop.

:ok:

IB4138
17th May 2004, 11:29
Could the 146 be to increase capacity over June, July and August for TT, Ulster and Manx GP races plus others?

Mark Lewis
17th May 2004, 13:34
Euromanx use the Rossair callsign of Catcher, so what is behind woodgate aviations callsign of "Euromanx" ? :confused:

spekesoftly
17th May 2004, 16:38
................... Emerald are coming into competition. They have nice shiny new aircraft ..............

:confused: Anyone know the age of Emerald's ATPs?

Oshkosh George
17th May 2004, 17:15
CAA site says they were built in 1990.

Well----the paint's new!

Wonder if Emerald can compete with jet equipment? Personally it wouldn't worry me,as I'm a rates guy-------just put me on the cheapest! But is the market big enough for 2, or is it more than 2?

This is a crisis
17th May 2004, 17:34
As far as the call-signs are concerned, when Euromanx first started, they were using the Rossair 'Catcher' call-sign and Woodgate were still using the 'Woodair' one.

Then they both started using the 'Euromanx' call-sign. Some time later, possibly the same time as Euromanx became a 'ticket provider' for Rossair(?), the Euromanx shedules reverted to the 'Catcher' call-sign but the Woodgate side of the operation continued using the 'Euromanx' one.

:confused:

Dan319
17th May 2004, 22:50
Please correct me if I am wrong. LPL is the most popular route from IOM. It therefore makes sense to use the larger aircraft on this route.
:)

Dan

Ransman
18th May 2004, 10:06
Flightline don't know of this! They got asked to give a quote to EuroManx, but that's as far as it went according to my sources. The battle between Emerald and EuroManx should be interesting to watch, it will end up with neither making any money. Perhaps BA had the right idea concentrating on the "major" routes, London and Manchester.

spanner the cat
18th May 2004, 12:48
If this is going to be a wet lease of a wet lease, it'll be hard to see how it'll make the Isle of Man's virtual airline any money. Isn't it about time that the Manx worked out exactly how much of their new "national" airline is actually Manx?

Regards.

Spanner

Dash-7 lover
18th May 2004, 14:33
LITTLE PRINCE.....

BA BASHING AGAIN.........AS I'VE SAID BEFORE...CHANGE THE ******* RECORD!! ------YAWN!

Mouser
18th May 2004, 15:49
Ransman, it should read major routes, London and Liverpool, as Liverpool has nearly twice as many pax using this route than Manchester.