PDA

View Full Version : BA, Virgin??????

crew36
15th May 2004, 09:14
Hey guys I hope you can enlighten me on some Qs.

I currently work for bmi and have been offered jobs with both Virgin and BA (Gatwick). To be quite honest I don't know why I applied. I think it was the need for a change of job. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy where I am but I'm very curious to whats around the corner!!! I work with a load of wacky and fantastic people and am scared that if i change i will hate it.

My main fear is that I'm comfortable at bmi but don't want to miss an opportunity. Im very confused and need some advice from people who don't know me. I've told my close friends who have nothing to do with the industry but nobody at work.

I'm on good money at bmi and have heard that V and BA(Gatwick) don't pay too well and I realy wouldn't like to take a pay drop. What about the conditions, rosters, days off and promotion??

I'd be very happy if you guys out there could help me. I'm brand new to this site and need some advice. STAY OR GO????

Crew36 xxx

sammyhostie
15th May 2004, 09:44
Stay!

I used to work for ba, their basic is £9,000 pa.
VS is £9,500 pa.

Im with MYT now and make a lot more money!

redfred
15th May 2004, 10:21
Long haul from LGW with BA is good, always 3 days off after trips plus the arrivals are so early if you live fairly close by its almost 4 days off and you can prob expect to take abt £1500 home each month.

hostie
15th May 2004, 22:20
I'm with RedFred

Longhaul LGW BA certainly beats working for a living

Average flight 8hrs say, usually at least 1.5 hr break,
that's time out away from pax, watch a film, sleep - real rest!

downroute, few drinks at hotel with crew, (all very sociable at LGW)
good night's sleep,
then whatever you choose to do downroute (gym, shop, sleep, explore)
more sleep before the night flight home,
(always faster than going of course thanks to that wonderful JetStream!)
arrive VERY early
guaranteed three days off plus the rest of this day

Now if you tot that up I make it approx 13 hrs work a week

and as RedFred said average £1500 month

How does BMI compare now??? ;)

thomas_ba
16th May 2004, 10:06
Yes but havent BA stopped putting ppl on Long Haul as a new entrant. They're putting the new crews on Gatwick Shorthaul aren't they?

Thomas - East Mids