PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation at Oxford

Dusty_B
15th May 2004, 00:01
I've just bought a 4-bedroom house in Kidlington with the aim of renting out two of the rooms to students at the airport, keeping one for myself, and making the fourth room a study/planning/guest room complete with computer, planning table, charts, course notes and all my other "library" material.

The bus-stop to the airport is RIGHT outside the front door, though it is easily withing cycling/walking distance too.

I'm busy doing my CPL/IR at Humberside at the moment :uhoh:, so I won't be able to take any lodgers until I'm winding up there and have had some time to do the redecorating (the "planning room" is currently baby pink with tigger, pooh, bees and honey all over the walls) .

I want to make the rates very competitive (given the facilities) at £80 per week long-term, or £18pn B&B if you're just in for exams (<1week), £16pn for brush-ups/MCC/JOT (>1week).

I expect to be wrapping the IR up by mid July, so if your course starts arround then, or if you've got exams coming up, please PM or email me.

Dusty_B
2nd Sep 2004, 18:14
Rah!
CPL and IR in the bag :D , and Captain Dusty is back in Kidlington. The two of the rooms have been decorated (the other is still full of cardbord boxes) with one already occupied.

Turns out the bus stop outside the house doesn't go to the airport, but does run through the village and in to Oxford every 10 minutes (even on Sundays), last bus home at 11.30pm. For the airport bus, you have to walk a couple of minutes down the road! Shucks!

Our agents are ready and waiting for your call... :)