PDA

View Full Version : Rollins Air, Atlantic Airlines, etc.

latinaviation
14th May 2004, 13:30
I know we've got a couple of guys from Central America on the board, especially Mr. Panama Jack!

Do you guys know much about Rollins Air (Honduras) or Atlantic Airlines (Nicaragua, amongst others)? Any developments? I know Atlantic has a basic website, does anyone know about Rollins?

Also, I remember reading that there was another Nicaraguan domestic airline operating Soviet airplanes, but I cannot remember their name for the life of me. Any help?

Jack - does Grupo Pellas (http://www.grupopellas.com) have their own private jets based in MGA?

Panama Jack
14th May 2004, 14:12
Don't know much about Rollins Air, although I thought I had heard that Atlantic Airlines either bought them or their F-27's. I have seen a few F-27's with the Atlantic Airlines logo on the tail and under Honduran registration.

Atlantic Airlines and La Costeņa are the two major domestic players in Nicaragua. La Costeņa is the regional airline for Grupo TACA in Nicaragua. They operate Cessna Caravans and Panamanian-registered Shorts 360's dry-leased from Aeroperlas (another Grupo TACA commuter) in Panama. I've heard from a few people now that La Costeņa plans to replace the Shorts' with Saab SF340's. As far as other companies flying Soviet made aircraft, there was a Cargo company, I am not sure if they are still around or not, going by the name of Aereo Charter de Nicaragua, S.A., operating an Antonov AN-32B, supposedly registered as YN-CGA. I am not aware of any website for them, however, my Managua Yellow Pages lists a hotmail address for the company.

Last time I flew out of MNMG, a few weeks ago, I saw another Antonov but I am not certain who it is owned by-- it was under registration YN-CBV and had big blue letters on the fuselage "Transportes Generales." Keep in mind that the Air Force also has some Antonovs that they use as transports.

As far as I know latinaviation, Casa Pellas has a Citation II based at MNMG.