PDA

View Full Version : Initial class 1 /Renewal

flyingdogguitar
14th May 2004, 08:28
Hi everyone,
Basically my question is this; a number of years ago I had an initial class 1 at Gatwick(and Passed), since then I've had two renewels with a local AME.
In saying that, I never got as far as flying commercially, I guess at that time it was just a bit of a pipe-dream?
It looks like I may in the next year or so, take redundancy from my current full time job (not flying). The $50,000 dollar question is, if I start on the old commercial possibilities again do I have to get involved with the CAA/JAA machine ( I'd rather not if I can possibly help it!!).

Your Hopefully

Dave

ratarsedagain
14th May 2004, 09:10
Do you mean just with regard to your medical renewal?
If that's the case, I can't see why you can't just go to your local AME.

flyingdogguitar
14th May 2004, 10:33
Hi,
Yes, it's just the renewal for the Medical. As I said I've currently only have a PPL(A+H), no ground exams etc. I'm just a bit concerned that where I've had a few breaks in my flying it may affect my renewal situation?

Many Thanks

Dave

Mark 1
14th May 2004, 11:07
I was told there is a time limit on renewals before an initial is required again. I can't remember the details but believe it is around 5-10 years from expiry.

If I can find chapter and verse I'll post again.

flyingdogguitar
14th May 2004, 11:31
Thanks very much. It'd be great if you could do that!

Many Thanks

Dave

Mark 1
14th May 2004, 14:40
Found the following:
(Edited to say the formatting below has got a bit messed up, but you can read the original at - http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jars/435247.pdf

Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 3.105
Validity of medical certificates
(See JAR-FCL 3.105)
If a licence holder allows his Medical Certificate to expire by more than five years, renewal shall
require an initial or extended, at AMS discretion, aeromedical examination, performed at an AMC which has
obtained his medical records. (EEG may be omitted unless clinically indicated.)
If a licence holder allows his Medical Certificate to expire by more than two years but less than five
years, renewal shall require the prescribed standard or extended examination to be performed at an AMC
which has obtained his medical file, or by an AME at the discretion of the AMs, subject to the records of
medical examinations for flight crew licences being made available to the medical examiners.
If a licence holder allows his certificate to expire by more than 90 days but less than two years,
renewal shall require the prescribed standard or extended examination to be performed at an AMC, or by an
AME at the discretion of the AMs.
If a licence holder allows his certificate to expire by less than 90 days, renewal shall be possible by
24 months.