PDA

View Full Version : johor flying club

speedbird1970
14th May 2004, 05:37
Hi

Does anybody know if the PPL obtained from Johor Flying Club is recognised in SGP? Also, if the DCA recognises a medical cert. obtained from a CAAS certified medical examiner.

thanks!

Virtual Reality
14th May 2004, 14:22
Hi SB1970,

1. Whether or not M'sian PPL is recognised by CAAS, you should check directly with CAAS. I wonder why do you need CAAS recognition because S'pore doesn't have airspace for GA. However, there is such thing called re-validation among ICAO signatories countries. Again, call CAAS to find out more details.

2. All AVMED Drs. are having almost similar qualification but the one that can sign the cert is the one who is licensed to do it by Civil Aviation Dept from respective country. If I 'm not mistaken, there are 2 S'porean doctors who are registered with M'sian DCA and both can sign medical cert. You may contact M'sian DCA personally to find out who are they or JFC should be able to help you in obtaining necessary documents.

Happy Flying:cool:

Taildragger
18th May 2004, 20:48
Speedbird Gawd knows why you would want a Malaysian Licence recognised by Gods Own Country. You can't go anywhere in Singapore in a lighty. You can fly in and out of Johor in a Malaysian reg aircraft a bluddy sight easier than the other way around. ie; No FPL Malaysia - SIN. The other way around involves filing a long way in advance. Have fun flying in Malaysia and don't bust yer balls trying to satisfy the Singaporeans.

mooney59
19th May 2004, 13:10
Contact Flight Crew licensing 4th floor terminal 2,Changi airport.
Anyone there will advise you.

I think all foreign PPL's must be converted to Singapore PPL to P 1 in Singapore airspace.This intails a Flight test and Singapore Air law exam.Correct if i m wrong.

Obviously i myself have not contacted Flight Crew licensing 4th floor terminal 2,Changi airport!!

Sultan Ismail
20th May 2004, 01:50
Would like to clear up a couple of points here, firstly the paperwork for a flight from Malaysia to Singapore is no more than a standard flight plan, filed an hour in advance and an aircraft manifest.

Secondly the only destination available to a PPL flying into Singapore is Seletar airport, the arrival procedures normally require a 500' msl height after crossing the Straits of Johor.

Immigration on the Malaysian side can be done at Johor or at Subang, the former KL International airport.

ronnie123
23rd May 2004, 01:12
Can I fly on a FAA CPL ? Will I need to convert to M'asian DCA ppl or CPL.
Any help will be great.