PDA

View Full Version : N208jw

c_kraig
14th May 2004, 02:28
Hey guys in the bush. I have seen a Caravan that used to be in Africa and the history is sort of scetchy. the placards are in both frech and a afircan dialect. the airplane is in the united states and is flying the Grand Canyon. If you flew this bird let me know. Love to get the storys to the new pilots. cheers.

B Sousa
14th May 2004, 14:54
Call these folks and ask.............

N-number : N208JW
Aircraft Serial Number : 20800166
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
Model : 208
Engine Manufacturer : P&W
Model : PT6A SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1989
Owner Name : GREYSTOKE ENGINEERING INC
Owner Address : 4443 E BURNING TREE LOOP
FLAGSTAFF, AZ, 86004-7561
Type of Owner : Corporation
Registration Date : 17-Jul-2000
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal

c_kraig
15th May 2004, 01:24
Thanxs for that info. These are the guys that are flying it right now. They fly the Grand Canyon area and they stop in to drop and pic up pax. I was just hoping that someone in the bush was a former pilot of this bird. thank you though.

B Sousa
15th May 2004, 01:51
They should know where the bought it. Its hard to go to countries in Africa with serial number only.
You can use this reference if you need info in the future. Go to the site and then to databases. You can handle it from there.
www.landings.com

4144r
15th May 2004, 02:27
Hi craig,
If i am right (i don't have my books with me actually) I flew this aircraft (with another pilot) from Atlanta-USA to Lusaka-Zambia in 2001.
Then i flew this nice bird for about 7 months, based at Lusaka.
The company stop the leasing after this time and 208jw went to Madagascar for MAF or something like that. After that i don't know.
This airplane was in a very good condition, everthing was ok, except the radar. It was my first hours on van.
Very funny to know that this plane is now back in USA. I have a lot of pictures of this van.
If you want more send me a pm.
Soft Landings :cool: