PDA

View Full Version : CTC cadet sponsership selection fases

mark_one
13th May 2004, 19:00
Hi yall,

i have a question concerning the ctc cadet sponsership selection fases. Could anyone summerise al the fases and what can be expected during the selection. I'm planning to submit my online application, what happens after words?

Are there wannabe's who already started with the training, if you could share your expierences?

Cheers,

mark_one

wheelbarrow
14th May 2004, 09:14
mark_one

Irrespective of whether English is your first language or not, I suggest you brush up on your spelling. It is not good enough to be accepted by CTC. And believe me, they look at everything... including your application to see if you are acceptable.

I am not being critical, but honest.

fases= phases
expierence= experience etc etc

Penworth
14th May 2004, 09:40
Mark_one, there's a mammoth thread started by sally at pprune that you should have a look at. It contains pretty much everything you could want to know about the CTC sponsorship scheme.

Cheers
PW

Big Haboobs
14th May 2004, 09:41
summerise=summarise
wannabee's=wannabees

Bobby Guzzler
14th May 2004, 09:46
Quite right Mr Barrow of the Wheel,

summarise
sponsorship
afterwards (perhaps)?

Mark One (is that meant to be Mach?),

First thing is the application form - they go through it with a toothcomb, do psychoanalysis, that kind of thing. Then there's aptitude tests, numbers tests, etc, group exercises, further group exercises, and the interview. Then if all that goes ok there is the sim. It's pretty rigorous but they get good quality at the end of it.

Any other questions then please pm.

Pilot Pete
15th May 2004, 09:29
Actually Big Haboobs........

it's "wannabes";)

PP

scroggs
15th May 2004, 10:05
And, Big Haboobs, strictly speaking the correct English spelling is 'summarize' (the first-mentioned spelling in the OED). And, Bobby Guzzler, 'there's aptitude tests' is incorrect grammar; presumaby you mean 'there are (abbrev. there're) aptitude tests', as 'tests' is a plural noun. ;)

Be careful to be absolutely correct if you're going to criticise other people's English! However, the point that English is important, both in an application and in daily life as a pilot, is well made.

Scroggs

Mooney12
16th May 2004, 19:17
I severely doubt they do psychoanalysis on the application form.

Caracul
16th May 2004, 19:43
The one thing I would stress though, is to put in as much effort into the application form, as you would for the interview. It's as important, and you will kick yourself if you don't get through to the next stage because you thought that you would get through with no effort.

Does anyone have the real reason why they ask for the answers in handwriting? Obviously the basic answer is that they want to check literacy levels, grammar, spelling and the like. But is there also a chance of cartography involved? I broke out in a cold sweat when I realised some of my application was to be handwritten! I can't write neatly to save my life! Six copies later and a lot of editing and the neatest was submitted. Thankfully it appears that they could read it.:\

Big Haboobs
17th May 2004, 11:11
Scroggs

Thanks for picking me up on summarize, although if you've still got the OED handy I suggest you leaf back and check "presumably"...........

hee hee!!