PDA

View Full Version : Priorities

Lukeafb1
13th May 2004, 08:06
We have the ongoing problems in Iraq, a major investigation into the photos of atrocities on both sides of the Atlantic, (some possibly fake), the horrendous aftereffects of the explosion in the Liverpool plastics factory and Maxine Carr being released from custody.

And what do we have on the front page of the Daily Telegraph???

A [email protected]@dy great photo of a spotty French actress apparently named Emmanuelle Beart, who is on the judging panel of the Cannes Film Festival ,Palme d'Or Award. Who the hell, is Emmanuelle Beart? And for that matter, who is Tilda Swinton (this time, a British spotty actress - photo also in Telegraph), who is one of Beart's co-judges?

What are our priorities??:mad:

tony draper
13th May 2004, 08:13
Something made me chuckle cynicaly this morning on the news,reporter commenting on the Maxine Carr thing,
"She should have been released automaticaly yesterday as she had served half her sentence",oh yeh
I seem to recal it was two thirds one time, they got it down to half now, I suppose it will be a month for every year the beak hands down shortly, and in a few years they will just have to post off a note every month and not bother going to nick at all.
Feckers!!

:*

Lukeafb1
13th May 2004, 08:16
Yeah, you're right Drapes. Heard it myself, but didn't immediately click. [email protected]@y disgrace!!:E

eal401
13th May 2004, 08:32
It was Glasgow actually. But, by the sounds of it, you wouldn't know reading the Telegraph!!

Sounds like the Daily Mail, the number of times there has been a major incident somewhere in the world, and their front page is a member of the Royal Family doing something dull or some unimportant "celeb" b*ggering about is amazing. Even the Sun isn't as bad for that!

Maxflyer
13th May 2004, 08:42
Lukeafb1

Whilst I agree with your initial sentiment, it does make a change from the usual carnage that we are fed each day by the nation's finest blurb merchants.

I am in no way demeaning the nature of the stories you alluded to.

As for Ms Carr. It sickens me that the parents of the little girls who were murdered are having to witness this happening. They are tax payers and will be contributing to her new identity etc.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. Plato

Lukeafb1
13th May 2004, 09:45
Eal,

Oops! Apologies to both Liverpool and Glasgow!

Totally take your point, Max. I just thought that if we had to have a "good news" (?) picture, it could have been at least attractive! Well, that's my excuse, anyway.

Grainger
13th May 2004, 10:20
You've been looking in the wrong place, Luke! The Telegraph has some much more important stories if you look carefully enough. Here's a physics article I found:

Gravity-defying bikini (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/05/13/ndemi13.xml&sSheet=/portal/2004/05/13/ixportal.html)

DishMan
13th May 2004, 10:32
[email protected] Grainger, I was just about to paste that link into the "NEw Prodcuts" thread....

Oh well......Roll on Summer :E

Bern Oulli
13th May 2004, 17:53
On the subject of strap marks girls, if you don't want them, take the damned thing off!

On the Maxine Carr thing, I notice in today's Bournemouth Evening Echo that a Home Office Civil Servant had his car broken into and some files stolen. Guess what was in them? Details of her new identity, addresses of safe houses, and telephone numbers. These items were later discovered dumped on Hampstead Heath! DOH! Accident?

ssultana
13th May 2004, 20:05
It doesn't bother me what the papers write. I get news off the internet, you can get it from lots of sources.

Jerricho
13th May 2004, 21:28
Ah the fountain of knowledge the internet has provided. Where in an instant you can have all in the information (or disinformation) at your fingertips.

Can you now imagine life without it?

Bletchley
13th May 2004, 21:34
Re your post about the bit in The Telegraph...you missed something

It was dreamt up by a former teacher Jill Silver, a mother of two from Manchester. She said:"I felt that sunbathing could be a real chore

Dear God !

Lying around on (a beach, in the garden ?) 'a real chore' !

Where do they find these people ?

Onan the Clumsy
13th May 2004, 22:17
Wearers apply a gel solution under the arm which fixes the fabric to their skin. :E