PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Assistance Crisis

Bow Wow
13th May 2004, 05:48
Heard a rumour that Aviation Assistance has gone into Liquidation. Anyone out there heard anything.

Anonymous
13th May 2004, 06:42
I heard that some of their guys have been dropped in the shyte & have had to find their own ways home.

Pity.... the blokes on the ground at the pointy end, as is almost universally the case, are a great bunch.

The guys at their HQ in Denmark? :yuk: :mad:

Goffel
13th May 2004, 07:28
:mad:
Yes they have all been dropped in shyte.

One of their senior pilots that was in Ivory Coast and managed to get to Nairobi only to be told that the chance of him getting his pay was nil.

He fortunately had a ticket to get home.

They apparently were filing for bankruptcy last week.

The house staff at the boss's house were eventually paid more than a week late as was the electricity,which incidentally was a couple of months outstanding.

It is a very unfortunate business as now there are more pilots without jobs and also without their last months salary.

It seems to be getting quite the norm not to pay the pilots these days.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bow Wow
14th May 2004, 05:32
Yes not a good thing and i feel for all the poor suckers on the ground who bare the brunt of this. These guys have been going into the contract market undercutting everyone and it seems like the time has come, it is a real shame but the wheel turns.

V1 Rotate
15th May 2004, 17:38
AA have been undercutting everyone for quite some time. They have been comming into Africa and taking contracts away from South African contractors.
One of the effects of this eliment of unfair competition was to cause flight crew re-muneration to spiral downwards.
All I can say is that they certainly had it comming!
My comiserations to the poor bastards that got stranded.
Next time they might think twice before flying for such a dis-reputable bunch!

V1:E :E :E :E