PDA

View Full Version : Canada 3000 is back!

sanket_patel
13th May 2004, 03:09
Just read in a magazine (Aviation Canada, I think, left it at my flight college :{ ) that Canada 3000 is coming back in December, starting up by former employees. Will have 757's serving Caribbean and other southern regions but dont know where the base will be setup. Any other news? This sounds very good!

oldebloke
13th May 2004, 07:38
As of a couple of weeks ago,the new Co' hadn't applied to the Feds for an operating licence(once the $$ is in the hands of the CTA,it then takes about 6 months to get your Documentation approved(manuals etc).......Hope all goes well..
:O

Koyo
13th May 2004, 08:30
Man that could spell trouble for Air Canada. It need every single dollar it can get its hands on right now. But nice to see more options for flying in and out of Canada.

aileron
13th May 2004, 11:52
Why is this a good thing?

How many of the ex C3 laid-off pilots will be applying for a job?

Why not change the name and start afresh?

Youre just asking for trouble........never go back always forward.

Cheers

cargodawg
13th May 2004, 12:38
Here's what the YYZNEWS has... From what I've heard, a group has purchased the rights to the Canada 3000 name.

“Canada 3000 (2T/CMM) ...in a surprise development some former C3 employees have banded together to re-launch a "new" Canada 3000 airline in December 2004. The carrier will start up with two Boeing 757s and fly to traditional sun destinations in Mexico, and the Caribbean. The aircraft will be painted similarly to the original Canada 3000 but with one major difference. The tails will feature animals, native to Canada such as the Polar Bear. They give full credit to Frontier Airlines of Denver for the inspiration behind this and each aircraft will feature a different animal on the tail. Great news for local photographers! At the beginning of this article we used the original 2-letter and 3-letter codes for Canada 3000, but that may or may not end up being used for the new airline. For more information and an image of the aircraft go to their new web site at www.flycanada3000.com”

Source: YYZNEWS.COM (4/23/04)

james170969
13th May 2004, 16:39
I received an email from Mike Low of Canada 3000 regarding new routes. He said that they will be flying twice weekly between Hamilton and Prestwick from summer 2005.

dada
13th May 2004, 20:41
is angus kinnear involved?

Mr @ Spotty M
13th May 2004, 20:58
In answer to the first post l understand they are going to be based in Hamilton and are getting two 757 which at the moment are on the UK reg. Looks like the may be ex FCA aircraft as two finish lease at the end of the summer.

deniset3000
13th May 2004, 23:57
Kinnear is not involved - He is with USA 3000. Lecky passed away last year - Mike Low brought the name and to my knowledge he had no involvement with the original C3000.

sanket_patel
15th May 2004, 16:19
Hamilton??!?!, ah well. Was hoping they would base at P.E.T Int'l in Montreal (CYUL).... Guess they gonna keep costs as low as possible!