PDA

View Full Version : JetGreen sees red light!

Global Pilot
12th May 2004, 11:55
The new Irish airline, FlyjetGreen.com, has ceased trading.

The airline issued a statement to the effect this afternoon.

It operated flights from Dublin to Malaga and Alicante in Spain, as well flights to Nice, Rome and Faro.

The airline said it did not know how many of its passengers with return tickets may have been left stranded in Spain.

The Commission for Aviation Regulation has also been notified.

aeulad
12th May 2004, 12:23
This development actually angers me, what a bunch of a**holes to leave all those pax stranded, FJG was a joke from the start!

Regards

Mike

colegate
12th May 2004, 14:26
I was in malaga earlier today and saw the departure of a Jet Green flight. If the airline had gone bust then the flight would not have been allowed to depart. It was a TF registered 757.

Chillwinston
12th May 2004, 14:52
without seeming to be pompus but most knew one of the guys, a so called consultant was a convicted fraudster whom had a part in the FreshAer fiasco.

It seems monies were been taken without the Irish Authorities approval to operate advertised routes. How can this hapen, AGAIN!

Appologies if this has caused offence to employees of the company but this kind of thing has to be stopped prior to companies accepting monies without the required authorities approval.

Just hope customers are covered by ABTA/ATOL!

Rant finished!

rh15
12th May 2004, 16:10
This is the most amazing fiasco i have ever heard of in this business where anything seems to be possible.

JG had disaster written all over it, although i did give it months rather than days before it collapsed. I am sorry for all of those staff who were unwise enough to get involved.

I had an expensive experience with a certain very senior individual at JG in one of his previous roles, he was/is a complete crook and a compulsive liar.

I suspect the ramifications of this will roll through Ireland for quite a while, a very embaressing situation for all concerned.

iceman51
12th May 2004, 19:42
Actually, I believe that Italy has won the worldwide award in this respect!

The following is the list of the Italian airlines that either went bust or ceased operations in the recent years;

Air Emilia, Air Industria, Air Italy, Air Sardinia, Air Sicilia, Alisea, Azzurra Air, Eureka, Federico II, Fortune Aviation, Gandalf, Gold Wing, ItalAir, Med Airlines, Minerva, Noman, Pan Air, Saggittair, Si Fly, Tea, Unifly.

(forgot any?)

not to mention Alitalia and its sister companies ..., possibly AZ is the only in the world virtually bust airline , but it is still flying!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

dontdoit
12th May 2004, 21:31
<<forgot any?>>

National Jet Italia?

the highwayman
12th May 2004, 22:23
FJG was a "virtual" airline nothing more than a tour operator with pretentions - but it turned out a real pain for all its PAX.

Irish TV reported that one of it's planes touched down just after it closed and is still at DUB in it's nice bright colours. It also said that a bond had been lodged with the aviation regulator so the PAx should get their money back.

After the Freshaer fiasco you'd think someone in Irish Gov would learn how to deal with these clowns. They give all airlines a bad name not just LOCOs. Irish people want to fly but a few more cases like this will turn most of us off.

SNNEI
12th May 2004, 23:15
Evidently, they did know how to deal with them in the end: Aer Rianta warned them that unless slots at DUB were applied for by close of business that day, the matter was being reported to the Aviation regulator. (this is in connection with JG selling seats for routes it didnt even have slots for)

If this is what brought this airline down, then in this instance the system did work: it was only allowed to continue for just over a week instead of dragging for months or even years.