PDA

View Full Version : Names disappear sentiment won't.........are we wrong then?

hamusandtahini
12th May 2004, 12:32
Almost as clever as closing your biggest hitting forum and then opening a thread in Jetblast on the very subject you are moaning about. Its pitiful really..............the names may change the sentiments won't. If you can't take it get out of the free speech biz my man.:hmm:

timmcat
12th May 2004, 12:38
. If you can't take it get out of the free speech biz my man
If you are referring to the owner of the board I think you will find that he has never claimed the forums to be democratic. It's his baby, and most in here respect his wishes for restraint in certain subject areas. There are plenty of other sites out there for those who disagree.

Jerricho
12th May 2004, 12:43
BTW, I think you'll find deep deep down it is an aviation forum site.

hamusandtahini
12th May 2004, 12:47
Sycophants:yuk:
a servile self-seeking flatterer:suspect:

Binoculars
12th May 2004, 12:47
Yawn!!!! :rolleyes: Here we go again. Another newcomer rolls into Shady Gulch and within a couple of weeks starts complaining about the sherriff.

Timmcat said it all, ham sandwich. What on earth would make you think there is or should be full freedom of speech on a privately owned website?

If you don't like it, goodbye. We've had much better men than you leave here because they didn't like the rules.

hamusandtahini
12th May 2004, 12:58
The only reason ur "longterm" is ur in the same Ball_Park of subservience or u agree totally.If u think just because peeps disappear for no reason ur an idiot ur talking to many with few posts under one moniker who r banned under others. I'm ****** for example ............... I think I'll start an open forum soon! :} :E

BlueDiamond
12th May 2004, 12:58
Close the door on your way out, hamasand tahini.

Buster Hyman
12th May 2004, 12:59
Whanker:yuk:
a single handed typist:suspect:

PS. Welcome back Winstun.:E

Mr Chips
12th May 2004, 13:02
Oh Ham sandwich, you are really are a scream
I think I'll start an open forum soon!

So you wiill pay for the startup and onoing costs, will build it up over a number of years until it has a worldwide reputation and 70,000 members? i won't hold my breath

Run along little boy

hamusandtahini
12th May 2004, 13:02
See even my name is banned, wow I am soooooo stupid I cannot deal with it :p ..................................Or can I starts with "SK" ends with "wire". Huge conundrum for ur average pilot.:)

Good quote "Chips" .................rest of u classic:yuk: Wait \'til tomorrow to hear from people with a real life:E

TamedBill
12th May 2004, 13:21
what on earth are you going on about?!! :confused:

Buster Hyman
12th May 2004, 13:22
"Nothing to see here! Move along people. Nothing to see." Plod hated crowd control, especially since the asylums were being emptied....

TamedBill
12th May 2004, 13:25
and the inhabitants were popping up everywhere. Plod wanted to get back to removing Cliffs' fake tan asap when suddenly BANG BANG! .......

answer=42
12th May 2004, 13:26
Here was I thinking that this would be an intelligent discussion about the names that that have disappeared from the map, for example:

Prussia
Transvaal
Yugoslavia

Perhaps with a little light-hearted banter about which geographical name will be the next to disappear. Texas, for example? And would anyone miss it?

eal401
12th May 2004, 13:33
TamedBill, you beat me to it! What is the guy whiffling on about?

BlueDiamond
12th May 2004, 13:46
He has some sort of a gripe about the "biggest hitting forum" being closed. That would be the ATC Humour one, I think but I'm not sure.

From the way he "writes" I would say he's a teenager who is more used to sending txt msgs than communicating in a more conventional manner. He also seems to have trouble understanding that this is a private website and thinks that those of us who do understand that concept are "sycophants." All 70,000 of us, I assume.

angels
12th May 2004, 13:54
The OP is a winker (sp).

He/she is obviously crazed and will soon be dispatched into cyberspace oblivion.

hamasandtahini - You're a Berkshire Hunt and a Jodrell Banker. Why not just **** off back to the drug forums where you so obviously belong??

Binoculars
12th May 2004, 13:55
At the inevitable risk of being labelled a Luddite, I agree, Bluey. Whenever I see the likes of u, ur, m8, cul8r etc typed on a forum I dismiss the perpetrator as a spotty youf and consign said youf's credibility and opinions to the, err, Recycle Bin. ;)

Buster Hyman
12th May 2004, 13:57
FBI & MI5 agents raided the residence of Danny "the world is mine, MINE, MINE!" Phine. Mr. Phine is the suspected leader of the Pprune Sychophant society, who's goal is world domination by brainwashing aviation professionals. Authorities were tipped off by a member of the public, codenamed "hamsandwich".
A spokesperson for MI5, a Mr. Draper, was quoted as saying; "Get the **** outta my way ya fecking moron!" when confronted by the media.
Neighbours of Mr. Phine's discussed how mysterious activities kept ocurring in their area. "He'd be leaving at all kinds of odd times" Mrs. Winstun proclaimed, "I said to my Arthur, there's something strange going on in there. It was a bit like that Mel Gibson picture..err..Mad Max!".
"No yer daft woman! It was Conspiracy theory".
"Yes, that's it. Conspiracy theory. With Raul Julia."
Investigations are continuing....

maninblack
12th May 2004, 14:08
Having been alrgely absent for the past few weeks I am not sure what Hamstertaramasalata is on about.

However, whilst i do not always agree with a website owner's opinions, it is their toy and they let me play with it under agreed conditions.

If this makes me a sycophant in your opinion then so be it.

MiB

opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one; but some opinions make the holder look like one.

topcat450
12th May 2004, 14:18
I too am unsure what hamandsalmontatties boy is on with, but I get the impression he is both small, sexually inadequate and probably sh1t at fighting, I think we ought to test the latter.

Lukeafb1
12th May 2004, 14:24
Ah! now I'm beginning to understand what this thread is all about.

On second thoughts, do I Fu:mad: :mad:k .

Stockpicker
12th May 2004, 14:24
Did he mean houmus? I do hate it when you have to work out primary school spelling before you can get to the message - even more so when you find it was a waste of time to bother.

maninblack
12th May 2004, 14:38
if we play our cards right Hamsandwichandanicecupoftea will show us his Statement of Special Educational Needs.

DishMan
12th May 2004, 14:48
Ms Stockpicker
I can't help thinking that houmus was spelled deliberately in the same way as the Palestinian group that supports terrorism.
As such it represents a direct provocation aimed at the site's owner.

If so, I consider it pathetic. :rolleyes:

Stockpicker
12th May 2004, 14:50
Ah, I see, a witticism, how slow of me not to spot it. What it must be to live life on the edge.

Lukeafb1
12th May 2004, 14:58
No, Diamond, you were definitely wrong. Its still there!:p

BlueDiamond
12th May 2004, 15:31
Oh, duh :rolleyes:

It's actually a different name. hamasandtahini must have been banned and re-registered under this new hamusandtahini user name. Hence the pout, head toss and exit with slamming door!

Biggles Flies Undone
12th May 2004, 15:35
As we seem to be dealing with an enfant terrible is there such a thing as a PPRuNe ASBO?

Onan the Clumsy
12th May 2004, 15:53
And would anyone miss it? I supose that depends on what happens to it :bored:

Anyone know what Hamandeggs is on about?

con-pilot
12th May 2004, 16:07
Right on answer=42, I am so glad that there is someone else on this web site that has the same insight, intellect, class, sophistication, education and just plain common good sense as I.

Texas can just go away, disappear, never to bother the world again. Yes what a great day in history. The entire world will rejoice with unbridled joy. We can close down the border patrols and cage the dogs. Never again would we ever hear the statement ďWall thet ainít the way we be doin it in Texas.Ē The Red River (which separates Texas from Godís country) will become the new coastline for the Gulf of Mexico. The smell of dead fish will be such a great improvement from the stench we have now with a south wind.

Oops, if Texas goes away who will we humiliate every year in College football. Dang, I guess Texas does have a use after all, if just to give our players some practice before we play real college football teams.

Oh well, it was a great dream while it lasted.

:) :) :)

Gainesy
12th May 2004, 16:19
Well, yer think ham&jamsarnie would've contibuted to the bacon butty thread.

Mr Chips
12th May 2004, 19:34
It has to be said that this is turning into a superb "change the idiot's name" thread... I have been laughing out loud! Prize to teh best effort.. prize being the first one allowed to punch him

Chips

pigboat
12th May 2004, 20:02
Those of a certain age will remember that Hammus Alabamus (www.lil-abner.com/salomeyalb.html) was a breed of pig. ;)

answer=42
12th May 2004, 22:58
con-pilot

I hate to disappoint you but its only the name that disappears, not the place or the people. eg pprussia is now approximately Brandenburg, parts of northern Poland and Kalinin. My spelling isn't up to what Transvaal is now called.

So Texas would become something like South Oklahoma, Greater Austin or somesuch. The people would not change.

Same could happen to the Texas of Africa, Nigeria.

Now can we admit that our attempted thread hijack has failed and join the rest of the conversation.

Hamandmozzerella sandwich!

surely not
12th May 2004, 23:17
Hammedownanotherbaconbutty

Animalclub
13th May 2004, 02:15
Ham Sandwich was raving in a slightly effeminate way perhaps?!!

Jerricho
13th May 2004, 02:26
Hamaramadamadingdong?

Hamdlewithcare?

Hamible Lecter?

Omark44
13th May 2004, 06:49
It's all about the recently banned and totally unlamented Sqwire(spl) ("SK, sounds like WIRE") who is trying to be witty and funny and failing miserably.

(The PPRuNe censors won't let me spell it properly).

IB4138
13th May 2004, 08:27
All this hamming about reminds me of the Two Ronnies sketch..

A.... V.... U... N... E.... X? 9

A....V.....U.....N...E....M? 9

A...V....U...N...E...M...N...X? 9

Lukeafb1
13th May 2004, 08:38
I think you lot have hurt hameggchipsandacne's feelings now.

Shame on you!:p

con-pilot
13th May 2004, 19:05
Aww canít a guy dream answer=42! There I was getting all excited. Drat!:) :)

fishtits
13th May 2004, 19:17
Hamimissingsomething...

:p

FT

Lukeafb1
13th May 2004, 21:48
FT,

Nohe'sgonenow:E

reynoldsno1
13th May 2004, 22:48
I thought hummus had tahini in it anyway, so it's hummuswith extratahini, and it's better with PeterandOlive anyway ...

Will Mesopotamia ever return? Whither Phoenecia?

Is this thread the thread with themostmultiple threads?

Jerricho
13th May 2004, 22:57
He's talking funny talk.

Davaar
14th May 2004, 01:28
Well, they all thought Bosnia, and Serbia, and Montenegro, and Kosovo, and Herzegovina, and ....., and ....., had gone. For ever.

Onan the Clumsy
14th May 2004, 03:27
I was going to say that I really didn't give a sh1t what you said about Texas, but...Same could happen to the Texas of Africa, Nigeria Now them's just plain fitin' words bo'.

Jerricho
14th May 2004, 03:32
What about that famous line involving Texas and steers and queers?

(Don't see no horns on you Onan :p :p )