PDA

View Full Version : Video creates UFO stir

ramsrc
12th May 2004, 06:04
This is likely to be off to JetBlast quicker than you can say UFO - but as it came from Reuters, I would class it as news:

Source (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040511/80/etbal.html)

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - The Mexican Air Force has released footage of what a UFO expert says are 11 invisible unidentified flying objects picked up by an infrared camera as they whizzed around a surveillance plane.

A long-time believer in flying saucers, journalist Jaime Maussan told a news conference on Tuesday the objects were real and seemed "intelligent" after they at one point changed direction and surrounded the plane chasing them.

"They were invisible to the eye but they were there, there is no doubt about it. They had mass, they had energy and they were moving about," he said, after showing a 15-minute video he said the Defense Ministry gave him permission to publicise.

The ministry confirmed to Reuters it had provided the video, filmed by the Air Force on March 5 over the eastern coastal state of Campeche.

"We are not alone! This is so weird," one of the pilots can be heard yelling, after the plane's crew switched on an infrared camera to track the objects, first picked up by radar.

The film, recorded by a plane looking for drugs trafficking near the Gulf of Mexico, shows 11 objects as blobs of light that hover in formation or dart about, sometimes disappearing into cloud.

Mexico's most popular nightly news broadcast showed the video on Monday night.

Interviewed by Mausson on another section of the video, the pilots said they grew nervous when the objects, still invisible, turned back during a chase and surrounded the plane.

"There was a moment when ... the screens showed they were behind us, to the left and in front of us. It was at that point that I felt a bit tense," said Major Magdaleno Castanon.

Mexico has a long history of fanciful UFO sightings, most of which are dismissed by scientists as space debris, missiles, weather balloons, natural weather phenomena or hoaxes.

Hay Ewe
12th May 2004, 07:32
yeah they were stacking awaiting clearence to land in Area 51 / New Mexico or the local K-Mart!!

Hay Ewe

Buster Hyman
12th May 2004, 11:47
A few dodgy enchiladas in the mess hall that night?:p

lomapaseo
12th May 2004, 12:10
Tequila fireflys commonly seen on dark moonless nights

Half a Mexican
12th May 2004, 12:35
Here's the video (http://www.localnews8.com/home/766922.html)

--
HaM:}

ramsrc
12th May 2004, 13:38
... and off to JetBlast we go! :p

The article linked above suggests that they were not UFO's - so any ideas what they could have been? Artifacts from the imaging process?

tony draper
12th May 2004, 13:54
It won't let me watch the Video just flashes up a blank frame then disapears.
One would have thought with all the video cameras around now and all these UFO's that if there was any validity to em at all they would have of tape with incontroversial proof of the existance or not of alien Aircraf.
I do remember watching video tape from some place in Florida , group of folks standing abou three miles from the runway threshold of a military base,looking at what were glaringly obvious landing lights, and arguing whether it was mother ships or just scout vessels.
Oh one forgot, those men in black and their flashy thing, bet they got cuboards full of video tape.

:rolleyes:

Ian Corrigible
12th May 2004, 15:48
According to the BBC report (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3707057.stm), "the objects were reported to be invisible to the eye."

My God, objects flying the night sky that are invisible to the human eye. What kind of advanced technology are we dealing with here...?

:hmm:

I/C

Caslance
12th May 2004, 16:39
If they're invisible to the naked eye, then how can we tell whether they're identifiable or not? :confused:

Xeque
13th May 2004, 14:42
...and if they were being tracked on infra-red how could they "disappear into cloud"?

ScienceDoc
13th May 2004, 16:06
Because clouds are made of water and water is absorbing infrared radiation.

Not convinced?

Then do some thermal imaging... (http://www.remote-lab.de/en/labor/03/lernen.html)