PDA

View Full Version : They find an alive frog in the salad served in a plane

peb
11th May 2004, 13:57
I dont know if this new fit here but anyway here you have

They find an alive frog in the salad served in a plane

SIDNEY (AFP) - The airline Qantas has admitted that a clandestine passenger embarked on board of one of his flights: a frog that slipped on the plate of salad served a client.

A diary of New Zealand indicated that the services of quarantine of the airport of Wellington were "eutanasiado" to the amphibian putting it in a freezer.

The incident took place in February during a flight between Melbourne and Wellington in New Zealand, when a passenger discovered on having opened his tarrina of salad for a small frog of 4 centimeters sat on a piece of gherkin.

The passenger reacted returning to close the box and calling a member of the personnel of on board.

A speaker of Qantas affirms that the small batrachian one managed to escape of the qualit controls across a chain of treatment of the menus of the company.

" We have changed supplier of salad in Melbourne and introduced a procedure of supplementary control for this product ", he declared.

mmmmm I search throunght my food next time:yuk:

Onan the Clumsy
11th May 2004, 14:02
Well you'd eat a salad if it had chicken in it.

a is dum
11th May 2004, 14:07
4 centimeters hè?
You'll need a VERY small set of pinchers to get the legs off that one.
Nice idea though, DIY froglegs salad. :ok:

The Invisible Cat
11th May 2004, 14:27
At least four threads mentionning that frog (including TRRBAPSOIT)
search results for "frog" (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=862367&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&pagenumber=1)

peb
11th May 2004, 14:30
Sorry then. I havent seen them.:O

Notso Fantastic
11th May 2004, 14:32
Feel sorry for the little blighter getting so enthusiastically euthanased like that. They get very touchy about that sort of thing down there. Ozzy immigration apparently used to euthanase animals down there that, travelling in cages via India, used to break out inflight in the hold. I've known hold doors opened in Australia to see panting dogs looking very proud of themselves lying on top of a collapsed box. As the flight transitted India, nobody could guarantee exactly when the animal escaped, so I've seen them being firmly led off. I recall asking what its fate was to be to be told 'kept in quarantine', but I'm not sure I believed them- like when your son says "Dad! Is that dog dead?" 'No Son- it's only sleeping in the road!"

BombayDuck
11th May 2004, 17:06
What if the passenger had been French? :E

Pilgrim101
11th May 2004, 17:26
Probably would have euthanased him too :E