PDA

View Full Version : ***VIRGIN BLUE TRAINING***

Pink^Wings
11th May 2004, 12:41
Hi Everyone.

i have just been offered a Full Time Cabin Crew Position with Virgin Blue.

i start my training in early June ... however i am still anxiously awaiting all my info in the mail.

i am soooooooo excited and egar to know all the ins & outs.

can anyone give any detailed comments or any comments at all for that matter on the Virgin Blue Training Program???

any info / advice / tips will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You :)

Pink^Wings
xox

Ranjha83
11th May 2004, 12:47
Congrats!!!

Is your Dj training in Brisbane or Melbourne?

I heard that, most of the training is held at night time for aircraft use after 11pm!!

:E not sure, thats what i heard.

Good luck for your training and have fun :)

Pink^Wings
11th May 2004, 12:53
Hey Ranjha83 ...

thanks for your reply!!!

Yes all my training is in Melbourne.

I had a feeling a fair bit of it would be at night ...
... can anyone confirm this?

i'm curious because ... im currently in the middle of trying to find a car to buy ... but im starting to stress a little in case i do not have my own personal transport in time for when i start my training!

does anybody know what are the training hours like on average??

as public transport obviously isnt much of an option 11pm onwards ... hmmm

:ugh:

Pink Wings
xox

DJ_Fly_Boi
11th May 2004, 13:14
Hiya,

There will be quite a few late nites - as all your drills and eps are done on board the aircraft during back of clock - ie - late at nite - expect to have a few nites where you start at 1700 and finish at 0200 the next morning.

:-)

ditzyboy
12th May 2004, 04:36
Good luck in your training!

Not sure of this helps you but the Airport-City SkyBus is 24 hours and takes only 18-20 mins to get to Spencer Street. We used to get discount by showing our ASIC cards. Then they took it away but apparently we get discount again?! You can but try!

We stay at the Aiport Hilton in MEL and I have many a time caught the SkyBus at odd hours.

Pink^Wings
12th May 2004, 05:25
DJ_Fly_Boi & ditzyboy ...

thank you both for your replies.

much appreciated!!

i think i better get a move on with finding a car!!

i've looked into the SKY bus ... $22 return per day!
A bit costly ... hopefully i can get that discount!

thank you again

Pink^Wings
xox

belle7
14th May 2004, 03:55
Congrats also love and welcome to the family.

The training is over 5 weeks, the first 4 are EP's (B3 Manual and also A4 manual). Don't stress you will get those on the first day and look at them and think to yourself "how am I going to know all that"!!! At least its only on one aircraft type!!! Unlike many of our collegues who have know quite a few, an advantage for us - less to forget.

You will, the trainers are fabulous and will go over everything in detail. You will have quite a few exams that you will need to study for but the trainers will go over everything that will be covered. The last week in basically in flight skills (how to do the service, face paint, guest care etc) - properly the most relaxed few days compared to the first four!!! You will also have self defence training (I think its for 3 days).

You will have heaps of fun and you will properly be group 65/66, these people you will know inside out since the amount of time you will be with them. As Dj Fly Boi said some of the times are crazy but because the aircraft are more than busy during "normal hours" it is best that it happens then - more flights etc during the day.

See you on line.
Luv Belle7

Pink^Wings
14th May 2004, 07:27
Belle7 thank you so much for your reply!

i really appreciate everyone's info, advice & opinions! thank you to all! xox

i am so excited about starting ... i am just rapt!

there just seems to be so much info i need to take in already ... and i havent even started!

thank you again

Love Pink^Wings
xox