PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe weddings

flower
11th May 2004, 10:08
I cannot find anything else posted here so I just would like to pass on my congratulations to two PPRuNe weddings.

DJK and Susie married over the weekend and Tinstaffl and
Pax Domina marry today.

With another two PPRuNe weddings I know of in the pipeline this is surely a romantic website on the sly.

:D :D :D

Maxflyer
11th May 2004, 10:52
My wife is now convinced she married a PPRuNe!

Not sure if this counts?

Buster Hyman
11th May 2004, 11:00
I think there was a link in the Pprune divorces thread....:p

Rugz
11th May 2004, 11:06
How long before we get a dating section on Pprune I wonder? Perhaps it should be incorporated into Marge's forum, as there seem to be one or two that would use this service?

Think of the extra revenue if publicised nationally...Join Pprune and date a Pilot / Air steward(ess). Think of that extra money from old and young men alike that would love to try and date one of our lovely single hosties. $$$$$$

surely not
11th May 2004, 11:40
would ATCO's be offered at a premium or a discount??

I'm going to suffer for that comment when next in chat!

flower
11th May 2004, 12:26
Shirley,

As if you even have to ask that question, you know we Lady ATCOs especially are top notch ;)

timmcat
11th May 2004, 12:46
would ATCO's be offered at a premium or a discount??
Shirl.. I am sure that would depend on the lady's 'seniority'....

(thats two of us in for a thumping..:ouch: )

PAXboy
11th May 2004, 14:21
Rugz: How long before we get a dating section on Pprune I wonder?

What makes you think that it does not already exist? It may not be official but I can assure that PPRuNers are linking up and dating does go on ... :E

Keygrip
11th May 2004, 14:23
AerBabe - what are you doing Saturday?

djk
11th May 2004, 14:36
Flower,

many thanks for your congratulations :O
I'd also like to extend my congratulations to Tinstaffl and
Pax Domina

Susie and I are settling in to married life already. She's getting the knack of nagging already ;)

surely not
11th May 2004, 16:10
May I offer my congratulations to DJK and Susie, Tinstaff and Pax Domina and I hope that you enjoy a long and happy time together.

AerBabe
11th May 2004, 16:43
Contratulations Tinny/PaxD and djk/Susie. :ok:

Keygrip: what are you doing Saturday? You don't give up easily, do you. I--I

PilotsPal
11th May 2004, 17:50
There are several PPRuNers attending the Tinny/Pax D nuptuals so I'm sure full reports will appear before too long. Wedding is taking place in St Augustine, FLA.

pigboat
11th May 2004, 19:00
The wedding was this am, so the deed has already been done. All the best people, for a long and happy life.
I've heard there is now a shortage of saki in central Florida. :E

Boss Raptor
11th May 2004, 19:56
What I would like to know is do these couples know/meet each other via Pprune or do they know each other before and both get into Pprune?

How many met at a Pprune bash? and does this mean that passions flow at said bashes despite famed 'Hotel Lobby' rule?

Answer will definately affect my attendance of next bashes (only prob always been warned insist on full spec. and picture in advance incase she's a moose) :E

PS. I am already morally (not legally) attached in Spain (and Czech Rep.) but I consider such attachments as not valid 'Cross Border' :ok:

pigboat
11th May 2004, 20:09
Tinny and Pax met at a Gatbash a couple of years ago. Dunno about the others.

redsnail
11th May 2004, 20:29
Checkboard and I met via PPRuNe. Actually, we met via another PPRuNer jazzi.
We're getting married in Cairns in 2005, probably September. :ok:

Tempsford
11th May 2004, 21:42
'quote would ATCO be offered at premium or discount'

Female Welsh ATCO are I would imagine at a premium , but I am sure she would give you discount.

From the Flower appreciation society

surely not
11th May 2004, 21:46
Hedging your bets there Temps!!!

I'm sure the particular Welsh ATCO is excellent value for money
:D

Tempsford
11th May 2004, 21:53
SN, you silk tongued chap, it's too late now, you will wake up tomorrow with a sheeps head on your pillow.

takenthe5thamendment
11th May 2004, 22:36
Fantastic News!

Many Congratulations

to both PPRuNE couples.

I am already morally (not legally) attached in Spain (and Czech Rep.) but I consider such attachments as not valid 'Cross Border'
That can't be posted from the guy that is desperate to marry the said lady can it?!

Aerbabe, Give it a shot.......Keygrip has waited long enough! :ok:

Boss Raptor
11th May 2004, 22:43
Merely keeping my options open...she still is top of the list :E

flower
11th May 2004, 23:28
Tempsford,

The Flower appreciation Society wow, thought you would be more likely to be the holder of the weedkiller :p

I don't do discounts for anybody have never needed too

:cool:

Trust me I am one expensive woman ;)

ElectroVlasic
12th May 2004, 05:09
I was hoping you were two cheap women! :D :ok: :O

Lukeafb1
12th May 2004, 08:12
Got married myself in February, but kept it quiet, very quiet.

Didn't even tell my wife!!:p

panda-k-bear
12th May 2004, 09:53
Marrying soon-to-be-Mrs p-k-b in July.
Whilst I post, she's a lurker.

Does seem to be the year for it, doesn't it?

Coconuts
12th May 2004, 11:50
Whatever happened to your loverboy Reddo. I noticed he isn't a moderator anymore??? Whyever not!

Pair of you wouldn't ever thinking of settling in Cairns while you're at it, would you! :rolleyes:

Coco

Totally uncalled for Coco! Don't do it again please.

PilotsPal
12th May 2004, 11:58
Checkers is now fully occupied with his job and keeping a permanent smile on Reddo's face. As for "loverboy" - I think "fiance" is rather more appropriate these days.

Regarding Pax D and Tinny, I was with them when they first met. Fascinating to watch the body language that evening...

timmcat
12th May 2004, 12:32
PP - Ten out of ten for showing restraint. :mad:

redsnail
12th May 2004, 14:21
Oh, not game to take me on now huh? You got to have a cheap shot at my fiance? He just laughed btw.
As ********* said, he's very busy flying 737's and keeping me very happy :E
Where's your lover boy huh? Perhaps the VI in PRVI actually stands for something else? :E

Cairns? I'd love to live there again but for now, we'll stay right here. :ok:

Biggles Flies Undone
12th May 2004, 14:54
Hearty congrats to all :ok:

I was in the next room to Pax D at the Gatbash in question. Having witnessed the body language between her and Tinny I think my (somewhat jealous) comment of "One squeak from the bed and I'll be banging on the walls" may have been the first recorded case of PPRuNus Interruptus :ooh:

djk
12th May 2004, 15:15
susie and I met on another site over 3 years ago.

I've posted a few pics up on the web for all to see

Wedding Photos (http://groups.msn.com/LatinFlyersAirportBar/djkampsusie921getwed.msnw)

PilotsPal
12th May 2004, 16:54
Be honest BFU! I heard your precise words and they were considerably more graphic than you relate! That was three years ago next month I think.

Biggles Flies Undone
12th May 2004, 17:05
Ummmm.. errr... were they PP? It was, er, rather late in the evening and I really can't remember the exact words.... :ouch:

Lost_luggage34
12th May 2004, 19:20
Weddings of any kind should be outlawed.

Just my personal point of view.

Never been married ........ wonder why ?

Mr Chips
12th May 2004, 19:38
I'm just skim reading this thread... did Reddo say that she is going to live with carnsie? Is that why he is so quiet?

Or am i wrong again?? :=

redsnail
12th May 2004, 23:20
Chippy chippy chippy,
Close, getting married in Cairns (aka paradise, spesh if you ride bikes and enjoy diving - any sort :E )
:ok:

The Voice
12th May 2004, 23:36
ah yes .. paradise been there once or twice myself :E

must be time for a return visit methinks :8

(a touch of sour grapes c'nuts?)

AerBabe
12th May 2004, 23:46
Aerbabe, Give it a shot.......Keygrip has waited long enough! TTFA, how long is long enough? Phnar phnar. :rolleyes:

redsnail
12th May 2004, 23:59
Pssst Aerbabe, 7" is a good start. Accept nothing less. :ok:

AerBabe
13th May 2004, 00:10
Reddo's life rules:
1) Buy a bike
2) Never settle for less than 7"
3) Keep drinking steadily
:ok:

redsnail
13th May 2004, 00:22
Aerbabe,
Come on now, show me the holes in my philosophy?
Oh, not just any bike, preferably a Ducati but will tolerate a jap v-twin initially.
7"? Well.... nuff said I think :E
Drink steadily? Do I look miserable? There's sense in my words. If you binge drink you get crook and throw up. Remember I am half scottish, why waste good (or free) alcohol. If you drink conservatively, you don't quite hit the drunk sweet spot where the world is good and you've fixed any problem that comes your way.
So, if you drink steadily you can achieve both goals and not feel too ordinary the next day.
Voila
:D

DX Wombat
13th May 2004, 00:25
Dear me Coconuts, a touch of the green-eyed monster rearing its ugly head? :confused: Not nice at all! :*

Keygrip
13th May 2004, 01:41
AerBabe - I'm a very patient guy.

Some things you need to have now - but the best things are worth waiting for.

Is 2 out of 3 O.K.? I don't have a bike (no airconditioning)

timmcat
13th May 2004, 09:04
I could do with the use of a bike on occasion...:}

Coconuts
13th May 2004, 13:34
Wombat, don't make comments about something you know nothing about. I'm not the slightest bit jealous thank you! :rolleyes:

Coco

redsnail
13th May 2004, 14:13
So why'd you have a shot at Checkboard huh? :mad:
Oh ref your threat about getting a new nickname.
May I suggest COW. :}

timmcat
13th May 2004, 14:16
Sorry Coco, I have to leap to my friend's defence as she has other, more pleasant things on her mind at the moment.

As DX and Reddo go back a good number of years, and as they spent a weekend together just last month, I think she is perfectly qualified to defend her friend from an deeply unpleasant incinuation.

AerBabe
13th May 2004, 14:31
Took the words out of my mouth, timmcat.
Quite the opposite of 'something you know nothing about'. I seem to remember Checkboard & Reddo being quite open, far too open sometimes ;) , about their relationship during the Somerset weekend.

And what's wrong with making comments about something she doesn't know about? Don't we all do that? Isn't that how we learn? :confused:

Keygrip: Those were Reddo's life rules for us girls, not you men. :rolleyes: I--I

Taildragger55
13th May 2004, 15:37
I dunno about PPruNe weddings.

Think of the offspring; never answer to their real names, never agree on anything, and demand tinned sausages and black pudding for breakfast.:(

takenthe5thamendment
13th May 2004, 22:33
djk,

The wedding pics are lovely. Tell Susie she looks gorgeous.

Thrilled to bits for ya! :ok:

djk
14th May 2004, 20:36
takenthe5thamendment,

I will pass your message on to Susie :D

jonathang
15th May 2004, 00:49
Conratulations to Both couples :ok: :E

Wonder if I should attend next bash? ;)

Nani
15th May 2004, 05:09
Congratulations to both couples. Pictures from djk & Susie's.
Now we'll look forward seeing pictures from Tinstaffl & Pax Domina's lovely wedding.

Slasher
15th May 2004, 05:22
Yeh congrats to Tinny and Pax D - sounds like a great day was had. Your a bloodey nice couple of people and I hope to meet you both 1 day! :D

Redsnail......"C.O.W."? Ha ha, from what Ive read on this thread so far it sounds spot-on to me! :ok:

AIRWAY
15th May 2004, 08:56
Maybe another PPRuNe Wedding in a near future coming up...

:}

Techchick
15th May 2004, 09:34
Coco,

I have had the pleasure of meeting DX Wombat and she is lovely. She is a well liked and respected member of PPRuNe so why don't you do us all a favour and make that appointment with the taxidermist?

AIRWAY
15th May 2004, 10:00
Kd,

Why dont you go fishing on another time slot :confused:

:O

PVC Pants
22nd May 2004, 10:55
Just a lil note for you all.....

PVC getting all nuptial like this year also....was planned for Sept 20th...prolly be more like end of 2004 now. PVC got new flying jobbie....YIPPPPIEEEEEEEEE......also.....da luuuuverly fiance AT831.....just got new flying jobbie also....different airline tho :{

Hello to everyone.....as I still can't get into "chat" :confused:

Love always,

"Pants" ;) XXX