PDA

View Full Version : JetBlast Gatbash Truce

ickle black box
17th May 2001, 18:50
I am proposing a JetBlast truce. This time a temporary one, solely to cover the Gatbash. Is Gatbash the best place to witness a clash of the JB titans an personalities? Probably not.

Therefore, I shall do my very best not to re-live the former JB threads on homosexuals or politics.

Anyone join me for a drink?

ickle ;)

arrow2
17th May 2001, 18:56
I'll have a(nother) drink with you Ickle but it will have to be outside the Gatbash as I am away! But can you please get some photos for my entertainment?? I would be particulary interested to see the results of A TG encounter with U_R and/or Davaar and see if TG stands them their long promised drink!

a2

Velvet
17th May 2001, 19:05
Ickle and Arrow, apart from Tartan Gannet and Davaar not attending the GatBash, there is an unwritten PPRuNe Rule that Bashes are times of pure enjoyment.

Even if the legendary PPRuNe clashing personalities attended the same Bash, there would only be merriment and good cheer.

Tartan Gannet
17th May 2001, 19:25
Rest assured I will be nowhere near LGW at the material time. I will probably be at a Lodge Meeting or the like. Accordingly, you can all have a peaceful time.

In any event, friend or foe, have a good time all!

Davaar
17th May 2001, 19:42
Hi Velvet, TG, U_R, HugMonster SJ OSB OMI, and others. Some, I suppose, might say that the absence of Tartan Gannet and Davaar is essential to pure enjoyment. Anyway, sorry I can't be there. Have a great time.

Unwell_Raptor
17th May 2001, 22:11
Having been at AshBash and GatBash1 I am devastated to have to miss Gatbash2. Unfortunately I had diarised next weekend as the anniversary of AshBash.
But when it comes to Gatbash3 (December?) I shall, Deo Volente, be there. Any chance, Davaar? I may need some support!

OzPax1
17th May 2001, 23:55
Unwell_Raptor, Will that be moral support or a support of the more physical kind!! Like after the 8th beer(or more as the case may be!) kind of support :) :) :)

OzPax1 http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Unwell_Raptor
18th May 2001, 00:24
Takes more than eight pints, mate!

Tricky Woo
18th May 2001, 01:34
Sorry all, but I'll be busy sharpening my tongue that night.

Truce? Sod that... No surrender!

What_does_this_button_do?
18th May 2001, 01:57
At the Gatbash it is also a rule that you don't barge into 'private' meetings of PPRuNe management.

'nuf said.

pax domina
18th May 2001, 02:45
TG - you're going to miss the beer I was supposed to buy you on behalf of another PPRuNer, whilst wishing you "speedy relief" on his behalf!

;)

Buttons - if I can't see their name tags from a long way away, how will a stupid Bash virgin like me know it's them holding a meeting? Will they all be wearing matching hats or something?

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

I guess I simply must avoid all gatherings of two or more men I see at the Bash. Oh, forget it - to be extremely safe, I must simply avoid all men I see at the Bash. There, that's sorted. :)

-signed-
pax d (terrified of committing a grave PPRuNe social blunder)

[This message has been edited by pax domina (edited 17 May 2001).]

Velvet
18th May 2001, 02:49
Don't worry Pax, once you've met Danny, Towers, Infin, Stan, Hamrah and Dubya - you will never ever be the same

:)

18th May 2001, 15:33
Pax: When I say 'private meeting' I mean it's in a private room, closed door and away from it all. People shouldn't be barging in offering 'advice'.

As I stated 'nuf said.

pax domina
18th May 2001, 15:41
As if I'd ever have any advice to offer! Let alone interrupt a closed door meeting to offer it! :)

Well, I reckon I should still avoid all the men I see at the Bash - what do you think? :) :) :)

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

ickle black box
18th May 2001, 15:54
hmmmm [ickle considers a feasability study on this] I've come up with 4 options for you on pax d;

1)Attend the bash dressed as bloke, call yourself Dave, and no-one will ever know you're female

2)Go as yourself, but hide in the ladies, for twice as long as women usually do i.e. the entire night, not just half of it

3)Stand in the corner with Velvet, Flaps and Whirlybird covering each arc

4)Have a few beers, say bollox to it all, migle with us 'orrible lot, become totally wasted, and have Velvet carry you off to bed at 5am :)

pax domina
18th May 2001, 16:07
Well, I shall also have a female friend attending the Bash, she will hopefully also assist me in my quest to remain free of any taint from associating with you 'orrible lot. :)

Actually, I don't drink. I've been a "non-substance person for" 14 years as of last Saturday, and a vegetarian for just over a decade.

As for being carried off to bed . . . I've never yet had a woman carry me off to bed, and I'm not about to start now!

;)

OzExpat
18th May 2001, 16:19
Well now, seeing as how D+G has been padlocked once again, I can't post this there. But I figure most will come into JB anyway, so here it is (an idea given to me by a Pruner who'll be at the Gatbash).

Like many others, I won't be at the Gatbash! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif But I will be in Cairns (that's in Oz, for those who don't know) on the very date of the Gatbash. This is probably too short notice to get anything going for 8 June but is there anyone from D+G (or elsewhere) who's likely to be in CNS anywhere between 8-15 June?

Maybe we can all get together at the Aero Club (if they'll have us back again!) for our own mini bash? I should probably post this on the Bash Forum but doubt there'll be too many from this part of the planet on there. So... who's for a jar or 16? :)

------------------
Dispela olgeta samting i pekpek bilong bulmakau!

Velvet
18th May 2001, 16:51
Ickle, you owe me two beers for that suggestion. I've no intention of carrying anyone to bed.

What what makes you think that anyone gets to bed.

Go speak to Dubya and ask about the 'sofa-switch'. A novel and interesting game played with 6+ people.

[This message has been edited by Velvet (edited 18 May 2001).]

ickle black box
18th May 2001, 18:37
You two girls are awful. I suggested that motherly and loving Velvet would help carry you to you room(leave you there and return to the party), as a responsible person who I'd trust/expect to step in an help another female in a time of need.

I did of course consider that my wording might be deliberatly mis-understood, but didn't expect it to be comming from either of you. Now if one of the JB blokes had taken the p!ss maybe ...

ickle ;)

Celtic Emerald
18th May 2001, 18:43
Tricky Shoo

If you sharpened your tongue any more it would turn into a razor blade

Hope you'se all have a wonderful, fun night :)

Emerald

traveler
18th May 2001, 22:47
Well, it seems that traveler is not working on June 9-th and 10-th after all !
Hmmmmm, what does that mean, what are they trying to tell me ?

pax domina
19th May 2001, 01:19
Oh ickle, you'll soon enough learn that you can never underestimate me! :)

;)

Feeton Terrafirma
19th May 2001, 06:17
Ickle, you have been warned - by a woman no less. They are the sort of warnings that a wise man would heed ;)

------------------
I'm not a PPRuNe addict. (just need one more post)

OzExpat
20th May 2001, 10:12
Yeah ickle, I was gunna say something about THAT post too. But something told me you'd get a much better clip under the ears from Velvet! Never was it more richly deserved! :)

One should try to never make a comment that leave oneself "exposed", especially in THIS forum! :)

Climbs down of soap box, well satisfied that justice has been served...

------------------
Dispela olgeta samting i pekpek bilong bulmakau!

8th Jun 2001, 00:24
Halo: Are you going to the GatBash or did the last 'experience' put you off for life?

'nuf said.

ickle black box
8th Jun 2001, 01:49
Yep, I am indeed. Now for the tricky part ... Am I allowed to thrash out the wrongs of being gay, mass immigration, political correctness, the EU, and cutting defence bugets with the lefties?? We don't have to talk about flying all night do we ?? Good, hoped we didn't .... now ... where are the lefties ???? :) :) :)

HugMonster
8th Jun 2001, 02:24
If anyone tries to have a deep, meaningful conversation with me, I'll.. I'll... I'll not buy them a drink! :mad:

------------------
Breeding Per Dementia Unto Something Jolly Big, Toodle-pip

Big Red ' L '
8th Jun 2001, 04:50
Well, Its going to be my first bash of any kind and i am very nervous about meeting you lot.... Please go easy with me.... ;)

------------------
Its not the fall that kills you...Its the sudden stop.....

The Nr Fairy
8th Jun 2001, 13:07
I've sorted my worries about going. I've mailed IFR, and he's told me the answer to the question my other half asked - "What should I wear ?"

Apart from that, I'm looking forward to it. Why have a full night's sleep away from the toddler who wakes twice a night when you can get ****faced !!

Biggles Flies Undone
8th Jun 2001, 14:17
I'm not sure Infin was the right bloke to ask! I bet his advice to your other half was "As little as possible" :)

The Nr Fairy
9th Jun 2001, 10:05
BFU :

No, actually. But I promise not to tell him you slagged him off if you buy me a beer, which I can then give to him, as he thinks I was taking the piss on the map thread !! See you all there . . .