PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the Lunatic Asylum!

slice
10th May 2004, 17:52
To those who may been following the AOPA slagfest over the past few weeks/months/years I just couldn't resist posting this gem from the AGACF BB. It refers to the thread over on the D&G GA board "newbie question - good flight school in sydney?"

"AOPA will grow strong now with a united board, fact not fiction, unity is strength.

Gaunt will snipe from the sidelines, Hell hath no fury like a 'poser' scorned, sic

Gaunt will also sit in Pprune, "Cowards Castle" the most un Australian Aviation Forum on the web, how anyone who calls themselves Australin could sit in the selectively censored Pommy web site and comment on Australian behaviour is quite beyond my expectation of an honourable citizen.

In fact it is akin to the Iraq photo's, I'm sure there is more Woomera supported bile to come from Gaunt, he won't go away, whinging Australian in this case = whinging Pom.

The Woomera supported attack on AFTS is probably the most reprehensible act I have seen in a decade, Gaunt loses so gets his mates to attack the winner by a direct attack on the winners legitimate business.

How the rest of the Woomerii sleep at night is beyond me, they must be mostly Pom's is all I can say , Uluru being the exception we know he is Australian, can he sleep nights ?"

Guess who is ready for the funny farm ?

:p

tobzalp
10th May 2004, 21:36
[Last edited by Woomera on 10th May 2004 at 21:34]

rofl

:E

Woomera

Woomera
11th May 2004, 00:17
After serious deliberation, I have decided to lock this thread. I’ve had more than enough of AOPA matters over the past few weeks and have neither the time nor inclination to read a further repetitious plethora of vindictive, childish, diatribe.

I will leave the thread on view so PPRuNe users are aware of the unjustified, personal, verbal attacks which volunteer PPRuNe Moderators are occasionally subject to. This Woomera is not and never has been a Member of AOPA and has attempted, fastidiously, to remain totally neutral in moderating matters in relation to AOPA – or any other thread for that matter!

For interest, all Woomeri are Australian and collectively have many, many years experience in all facets of the Australian aviation industry. Rob Lloyd, a PPRuNe Administrator who has been moderating this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129243&perpage=15&pagenumber=2) is Canadian. PPRuNe is a vibrant forum for all aspects of world wide aviation.

The vast majority of registered PPRuNe users respect the rules and debate topics of interest with vigour, enthusiasm and professionalism, which makes a visit to this site normally a pleasurable and interesting experience.

I don’t believe the above post reflects either AOPA Board policy or AGACF bulletin board administration policy. I understand the author of the above post is neither a Director of AOPA, nor administrator on the AGACF bulletin board, but was previously banned from PPRuNe for inappropriate posts, contrary to the rules. He does not deserve access to PPRuNe by proxy.

The AOPA Board were democratically elected and thus have a mandate to manage the organisation as they see fit, accountable only to their members. They deserve the opportunity to get on with that job without further derogatory comment on this bulletin board.

With the author of the above post (on the AGACF bulletin board) amongst their members, they have enough internal problems to resolve without further comment in PPRuNe!

Woomera