PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment numbers

Racing Green
10th May 2004, 14:16
Can anyone shed some light on the sort of numbers of flight deck crew Cathay, Dragon etc.. are looking to recruit by the end of the year ?

Fly747
10th May 2004, 15:46
I would guess that Dragon are looking to recruit about 80 over the next year, 20 more if they get another classic plus f/engineers. Cathay probably about 100 plus at least.

Canadian Beech
11th May 2004, 11:27
I've heard that that CX will only be limited by the Training system... so about 220 per year. Anyone confirm this?

Racing Green
11th May 2004, 13:30
I also heard Air Hong Kong were looking at starting a low cost operation ! Any details ?

Who else is recruiting in the region and what sort of numbers ?

Do you think most expat pilots will be drawn too HK rather than say Emirates ?

TWApilot
5th Jun 2004, 04:33
As a possible future Expat, I can certainly say that I would go to HK in a heartbeat. I wouldn't live in the Middle East (Emirates) if my life depended on it. Just my two cents.

Besides, at CX you can live in various parts of the world. Emirates you are stuck in the desert.

flyingkiwi
6th Jun 2004, 10:57
CX has better package at the moment, base pays similar but housing makess CX a better choice financially.

Plus as mentioned EK is sandpit based with no other bases, CX you can have your pick of other bases after about 4 years.

Guru
7th Jun 2004, 17:35
Why would anyone want to live anywhere else but Hong Kong??

Saltaire
8th Jun 2004, 07:12
Lived in both HK and Dubai............

Sorry, but I prefer Dubai. More activities and better lifestyle, less crowds and smells.

HK has a certain energy and appeal, but I'm able to do more of the things I like in Dubai.

If you talk about bases as being such a preference at CX then life in HK couldn't be that great.

EK has no bases at the moment but I'm sure that will change in the next few years.

fire wall
8th Jun 2004, 10:25
Yes I recall the personell manager saying that bases were inevitable and would be driven by rostering synergys.....bound to happen very soon!

That was during my interview in 1995.
Yes I was offered the position and No I declined the offer..... so the comment is not driven by envy, twisted mind or crinkle lips......just fact.

Saltaire
8th Jun 2004, 12:22
Having basings was not the point, but good for you.

Ciao