PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here in AirOne

bluefalcon
10th May 2004, 12:42
Hi lads,,

I was looking for someone that works in Air One,, need some tips and info,, thanks very much

tarjet fixated
12th May 2004, 12:48
what do you wanna know?i might help....

galleygirlAPU
12th May 2004, 17:39
ask questions and let's see if we have the info u need...

Mascalzone78
12th May 2004, 18:08
My dear friend if you want to work there you need a "sponsor"
that's it nothing else.
CIAO

tarjet fixated
14th May 2004, 10:24
Mascalzone,
about 1 pilot out of 3 is a foreigner in Air One, one of the TRE's is also a foreigner..of course they are all experienced pilots and the key to get in was a type rating and previous experience..i don't call that sponsorship but professional background.
So Bluefalcon if you have any questions just ask.

flyinggromit
14th May 2004, 11:59
I only personally know 3 f/o in Air One........all employed with 500hrs total or less, no 737, no experience BUT "SPONSOR"!!!!!!

B737NG
14th May 2004, 13:02
PM me where can I apply I am back in Europe at the 19th.

NG

tarjet fixated
15th May 2004, 00:48
Flyinggrommit,
the usual frustration cheap talk...you only know 3 F/O's out of 220 pilots?well i was talking about foreign nationals joining the airline but if we want to talk about ab initio guys well there have been 2 ab initio transition courses at Air One in the last few months and as the word itself says they were ab initio guys with low time,no airline experience and of course no type (given to them by the airline during the course).
If you didn't get the job is not anyone's fault...you should be happy there are still low time/no experience guys around being hired and trained instead of complaining.

NG,
you can find all mailing infos' on their web site: www.flyairone.it
By the way the HQ's are in FCO.

bluefalcon
24th May 2004, 20:36
Dear lads,,

I just wanna find out if u know when´s the next TR course gonna be done for AirOne, or are they through with the crew they need for the rest of the season,, from my researches i havnt found any TRTO with B737 in Rome,, does anyone know where its done, thanks,,also ive heard some rumors of people self funding the TR,, is that true? does that go with all the people that get in or maybe just the ones with a lower level of contact,,

lastly of what uve written down im aware that many of the crews are foreigners aswell as low experienced too,, are they well seen by the rest of the team in the company,,?

many thanks,, and happy landings,,

tarjet fixated
24th May 2004, 22:57
A full 737 TRTO does not exist in Italy (there isn't a 737 sim in Italy yet),Air One does inhouse transition courses as far as ground school is concerned, for the sims they go elsewhere.
Foreigners are looked upon as any other pilot...unless you are an ass@#ole of course....
As far as self funding i don't know,i know they don't use to bond pilots though.

bluefalcon
26th May 2004, 16:44
ok thanks for the info,,

just last thing, are they through with hiring pilots this year,if they´re hiring again 4 when would it be or even though if they aren´t, could they be willing to take small numbers of unexperienced again in a short time,,, thanks guys

happylands ;)

tarjet fixated
27th May 2004, 15:56
Well the only advice i can give you is to try them out and send them a C.V. but considering the high number of unexperienced pilots on the market i think that any company would prefer hiring local people just to have a higher chance not to loose them once they are typed.
As far as expantion i heard they will add a significant number of aircraft in the upcoming years consequently they will continue hiring as they have been doing for the past 3 years.
good luck!