PDA

View Full Version : What is Flight Time Limitation scheme ???

blueb0y79
10th May 2004, 12:38
Hi all

Can anyone tell me where i can find out more on the Flight Time Limitation Scheme for crews ? What is it ? And who produces it ? What are the hours that a crew can fly ? Oh and does it matter if its a charter or scheduled flight ?

Many thanks

OpsReturn
10th May 2004, 12:45
CAP 371 . at this link
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP371.PDF

richterscale10
11th May 2004, 06:39
What it means Blueboy is that when you have done your rostered twelve hour day and four sectors and you get back to base, the ops guy can call the aircraft and tell you some sob story about how desperate they are that you operate another extra two sectors bringin you over hours and into discretion. But, if you sign a little form saying that you are OK to fly they will be forever grateful and it will go on your records and they will do you a favour sometime..............yeah right!
PS Dont forget to be on duty at 0600 the next day!!!! And DONT be late!

Crew are all responsible for their own duty hours and as the 'rules' for FTL are so very complicated dependent on what time you start your duty, how many sectors you do , if it is a split shift that quite frankly most crew leave it up to the ops/crewing department to oversee......mmmm....I'll stop there.

The CAA should be able to help you with a copy....

TightSlot
11th May 2004, 19:51
The Official Title of the CAP371 document is:

The Avoidance of Fatigue In Aircrews

and that's what it is intended to do, although there is considerable debate as to how successful it is at doing it.
;)