PDA

View Full Version : Increased air traffic over Banbury (UK)

X-QUORK
10th May 2004, 11:27
Being a resident of Banbury in Oxfordshire, I've noticed that there seems to be much more comercial air traffic over the town this last month or so. I was wondering if anyone knows of a change to flight paths which might have pushed aircraft directly overhead my address! I guess it might be something that happened a while back but has only become noticable since the seasonal increase in flights to meet the charter packages in Europe kicked in?

I guess the traffic is from either Coventry or Birmingham?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some NIMBY with a bee in my bonnet about aircraft noise...but I would like to know if changes have been made, and if so - maybe those affected should've been consulted first? I've lived here for two years - so if the changes have come into place since then (as I suspect), then I think I have a case to maybe ask some questions...but if the flightpath has always been there, I don't have a leg to stand on.

Any light that can be thrown onto this would be much appreciated.

Regards

X-Q

Wycombe
10th May 2004, 12:18
....all that you are seeing is probably nothing more than the start of the Summer season (eg, lots more charters routing out of regional airports than during the Winter).

MikeSamuel
10th May 2004, 12:57
Thomsonfly have started low cost flights out of Coventry in the last two months or so...Maybe it's them. I think there's about 6 a day using B737s.

M