PDA

View Full Version : Printing PPRuNe Threads

SoftTop
10th May 2004, 10:30
OK, I give up. How do you print a complete multipage thread off PPRuNe?

I can get the first page's worth, but subsequent pages just give me page one again.

Feel free to point out any obvious mistakes I may have made. Everyone else does!!

thanks in anticipation

ST

ck4707
10th May 2004, 10:53
assuming your using Internet Explorer

Click on file then print

Select options and check Print all linked documents

Hope this helps

CK

timmcat
10th May 2004, 16:27
Or you could try downloading it to a text file and printing from that.

SoftTop
10th May 2004, 20:19
Thanks for the help guys.

Managed to dowload it as a text file.

The "print all linked docs" option looked quite promising, but it also ended up bringing down docs which were not serially related to the first page of the thread. I ended up waiting for ages as the printer churned out pages from other bits of the PPRuNe site. In the end I had to cancel all the print jobs.

Anyway, I have learned a couple of things through trying it. That's always a bonus!

Cheers both. :ok:

ST

outofsynch
12th May 2004, 22:10
I posted this question a month or 24 back...

The answer is simple (ish)

Once on the page go back to url at top and add:

"&perpage=1000" without the quotes of course

easy as! :=

SoftTop
13th May 2004, 05:48
OoS - many thanks for that. I'll give it a try when I get to a place where there's a faster printer (=work!!)

ST :D

Globaliser
13th May 2004, 12:00
Or if it's this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123076) you might need to make that 2000! But it definitely works.

Thanks, outofsynch - that will help me out greatly too!

SoftTop
14th May 2004, 19:59
Great stuff.

Took a couple of tries but managed to do it by right clicking on the the "print" link and selected "Copy Shortcut" then had to use <ctrl>+V to paste it into the address line before adding the &perpage bit.

The only reason I ended up doing it that way was that I couldn't get the address to show the full URL. Even typing in the URL that appears at the foot of the screen when hovering over the "print" link didn't seem to work.

Never mind at least there's a way. Oh Joy, Oh Bliss!!

:ok: