PDA

View Full Version : Working Visa - types of jobs & with who?

B767MAD
10th May 2004, 01:31
G'day pprune ... as the first port of call for my question I thought you would know which way to point me .. Im coming to the UK on a working visa and to get out of the norm I would like to work in the aviation field. I have a Australian CPL ATPL and MECIR but am not really in it for a flying job (as with most you need a right the live and work) ... however something to do with flying is a must.

I am not familiar at all with who the ground operations company(s) are nor their requirements.

If anyone could send me in the right direction I will look into it further ...

Any advice is much appreciated ...

B767MAD.

redsnail
10th May 2004, 11:45
What exactly are you looking for? Ops, Handling, Baggage services, Check-in?
I gather your visa isn't an ancestral one (ie mum or grandparents born here)

B767MAD
10th May 2004, 13:38
Gday Redsnail - you've helped me out before long ago ;-)

Ah yeh those types of jobs. It will be a working visa so I doubt a company would be willing to put on someone for only two years... but thats only a 'doubt'.

Id like to try and further my career whilst being overseas , killing two birds with one stone in effect.

B767MAD.:rolleyes:

redsnail
10th May 2004, 18:15
Check out companies like Serviceair, Aviance, Menzies Aviation Group, Execair (owned by Menzies) I haven't got a clue about their email addys or web addresses. They do ground handling and agent work. Check out easyJet, Monarch, Britannia, British Airways etc for any jobs going with them. They often put the details of ground jobs on their websites.

Be prepared to go through a security bun fight. It used to be a 2 year background check, now it's 5 years. It's like the Australian one but it is a bit more difficult when all your friends and contacts are 10,000 miles away.