PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard problem

Engineer
9th May 2004, 23:19
Have a BTC keyboard and a MS USB intellimouse Computer P3 550MHz running XP 512MB memory

When mouse plugged into a usb port keyboard not recognised by software. In device manager only a Human interface section added. When mouse plugged into ps2 port all ok In device mamager no Human interface section only keyboard and mouse section.

Is there any way to resolve this problem

fobotcso
10th May 2004, 15:43
Other USB devices load OK?

Had the opposite with a Win2K box the other day and used the USB mouse to re-install the MoBO drivers so I could get the PS2 mouse working.

Suggest uninstall and re-install the USB drivers with the USB mouse plugged in whilst using the PS2 mouse to do the work.

'luck, fobs

Naples Air Center, Inc.
11th May 2004, 02:07
Engineer,

The simple solution is to plug the keyboard onto the PS2 Port. (You really do not need the extra bandwidth that USB provides. I have yet to meet anyone that can out type the bandwidth provided for the keyboard by the PS2 Port.)

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. I have seen where USB Keyboards are no longer recognized by the OS. Usually a fresh install of the OS was the only solution to get it working again via USB.

Johe02
12th May 2004, 07:34
If you really want it to work from the USB port you may need to enter the BIOS and select "keyboard/mouse support" on the USB port settings.

Don't mess about when you are in there though. . .

Fresh OS install is a bit drastic . . .

This is a good site for a tune up http://www.pcpitstop.com/