PDA

View Full Version : Wellington Base for Air Nelson???

Plas Teek
9th May 2004, 22:57
From the files on Air Nsn......

It seems that the Management are looking at a Wellington Base option since paxing crew numbers are reducing with recent changes to their schedule.

Management say that flight and duty hours are well down but other sources say that strong year over year growth is still happening with loadfactors continually in the 70%ages.

One could read the demise of the Nelson Base to just an overnight...... OUCH

CT7
10th May 2004, 07:46
Gee this company learns fast!!!

We suggested that in late 1998 after they closed Napier & Palmerston North for no stated reason!
Apart from the fact that we got a fairly decent contract!

Feel sorry for the chaps in NSN though.

Could be the demise of the lifestyle base.....

belowMDA
10th May 2004, 09:48
Plas Teek you stole my thunder a bit there, I heard the very same thing today.
While on the Air Nelson topic am I allowed to semi hijack and ask about rumours for the fleet replacement? Come on someone must have some gossip out there.

Swamp Donkey
10th May 2004, 20:50
Doesn't matter where one is based - there's a never ending supply of swampas to keep the boys occupied in the downtimes!

belowMDA
11th May 2004, 04:11
SD there are a whole bunch in New Plymouth with your name on them dirtbag.

CT7
11th May 2004, 05:39
belowMDA
You are correct!!

I can confirm that there will be a fleet replacement!!

Although I have heard that JH has used it as a threat to the boys & girls....re contracts.......will he ever learn?

belowMDA
11th May 2004, 07:47
CT7 I'm correct about the swamp donkeys in NP am I?

I hear from my informers different stories each day about which it will be. Last news was that the 777/dash 8 was edging ahead but that negotiations were yet to be completed.

CT7
11th May 2004, 08:31
BelowMDA,
I was referring to the replacement, but I don't think you're too far off the mark re NPL.... although those that go there don't mind the webbed feet and angle walking......

Like I said there will be a replacement, but the "boys" will see it when it's on the apron!

1279shp
11th May 2004, 10:21
... is goss I o/heard today.

I was going to chime in but, well its madness. Which is why its prob gonna pan out!

:p

flyingkiwi
12th May 2004, 14:46
Haha

poor guys at NSN, it sounds like dejavu, the reteric from JH was exactly the same when he was at Eagle, I laughed that day when i heard he was off to air nelson, still chuckling infact. He is a bit of a base maniac, thought it would have been sooner though.

Cheers
FK