PDA

View Full Version : Virginblue's night landing proserpine Q

penash
9th May 2004, 01:17
The first direct Melbourne to Whitsunday Coast Airport(Proserpine Queensland) night time landing for Virginblue went with-out a hitch last night.The aircraft landed on time at 19:20hours..There was some worry about Kangaroos and Plovers near or on the runway but a team of airport staff kept them well at bay.. 136 passengers made the first night arrival flight..only 36 were booked for the return flight..airport staff said those numbers will increase in days to come

lame
9th May 2004, 03:32
Oh no........... :(

Didn't they nearly run off the runway, or nearly take the wrong taxi way, or anything exciting. :rolleyes: ;)

DJ737
9th May 2004, 05:29
The return flight had 38 on board, departing PPP at 1957 and arriving MEL at 2247, and the ground staff at PPP cracked the sh**s, as the inaugural t-shirts were left in MEL :hmm:

DJ737

The Roo Rooter :E :ok:

oldhasbeen
9th May 2004, 05:29
Don't forget it's only a "rumour" network!

lame
9th May 2004, 06:07
DJ737, that's better. ;)

"Virgin Blue flight from Melbourne to Proserpine causes mass hysteria in Proserpine. Although Virgin Blue refused to comment publicly, it is believed that the Aircraft left crucial equipment behind in Melbourne, thus causing incredible hardship in Proserpine." :D

Tuner 2
9th May 2004, 07:46
and the ground staff at PPP cracked the sh**s, as the inaugural t-shirts were left in MEL

I bet the ground staff weren't the only ones cracking the sh*ts, Anthony! :cool:

Hugh Jarse
9th May 2004, 09:44
There was some worry about Kangaroos and Plovers near or on the runway Jeez I hate f:mad:ing plovers. Those little b@stards will take anything on.

Generally I've found a couple of seconds of reverse tends to blast them off the taxiway however :}

Prop's ????
9th May 2004, 10:29
Lame

the Aircraft left crucial equipment behind in Melbourne, thus causing incredible hardship in Proserpine

That wouldn't have been the number two engine? They always forget that.

T-shirts are not crucial equipment, or are they.

amos2
9th May 2004, 10:32
Oh Boy!...we are really catering for the lowest common denominator here, aren't we?? :*

I thought this was supposed to be professional pilot stuff!

lame
9th May 2004, 17:16
It was a joke. ;)

Obviously wasted on you. :(

Beer Can Dreaming
10th May 2004, 02:28
Penash - why is this thread even merited?

The fact is that VB is a domestic airline and as such doesnt really need specific mention to the fact that the airline flew into an CTAF/MBZ at night such as YBPN.
This should be a routine occurrence.

The way you portray the story is like they may not be up to the task and it was a really serious affair to fly into Prosperpine at night.
Airlines like East West and National Jet systems had/have been doing this for years without hassle.

What were you expecting Penash??

Facts such as landing times, pax numbers, terms like "went off without a hitch" and whatever else sound like you were covering Smithy's first crossing of the pacific rather than what should have been a standard routine domestic service.

lame
10th May 2004, 02:54
I remember going into Proserpine, many years ago now, and the Aircraft kept saying "train, train" or something like that? :confused:

But I couldn't see any bloody train. ;)

Capn Bloggs
10th May 2004, 08:30
Ah Ha! Jarse has finally found a use for his props! :D

loungelizard
11th May 2004, 06:07
Dear oh dear, scarey stuff sitting down the back knowing such children are playing up the front.

amos2
11th May 2004, 07:24
You should hear what my surgeon mates talk about LL! :cool:

Howard Hughes
12th May 2004, 01:24
Oh come on there must be some sort of conspiracy/cover up here.

A friend of a friend told me, that the person who made the t-shirts cousin, actually works for QF and the t-shirts were deliberately not delivered on time, thats why they missed the flight!!

How am I doing so far?

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

DJ737
12th May 2004, 08:26
The T-Shirts made it to the gate at MEL, and were handed out PAX as they boarded, the rest weren't loaded, dunno why.

What was even more surprising was that they were still there 6hrs later, and were handed out to arriving passengers :ok:

DJ737

The Roo Rooter :E :ok:

BankAngle50
13th May 2004, 14:43
Good to see more services for the folks in FNQ. Hopefully some further competition from Q to follow. Good on DJ.:D

Beer Can Dreaming
20th Jun 2004, 01:19
Penash - thank you for your well thought out 3 worded response to my private mailbox.

Perhaps next time if you want to insult someone Penash, how about making your thoughts public for all to see rather than doing it in relative obscurity.

Beer Can Dreaming
15th Jul 2004, 00:49
Penash - check your private mail.
Thought you may wish to check my response to your attempt at a vague insult.