PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta

VS-075
8th May 2004, 21:02
I was at Manchester airport this afternoon 8-5-04 waiting to see the Air Atlanta TF-ABP Jumbo take off i think it was due out at 14.00 it was pushed back at 15.00 but appeared to have a problem and was blocking the taxiway for around half an hour it finally took off at 15.30 just curious as to the problem does anyone know thanks for any info .

Notso Fantastic
9th May 2004, 11:10
Does there have to be a 'problem'? 30 minutes from pushback to airborn for a Classic is not at all unusual. Maybe they were doing a crossbleed start (using high pressure air from an already started on stand engine to start the others if the APU is u/s). It takes higher thrust to get enough pressure and takes time starting one engine at a time. Maybe they had an after start problem, but 30 minutes is really nothing to talk about.

VS-075
9th May 2004, 13:26
The reason i was curious Notso Fantastic was because it was blocking the taxi way and seemed to be causing a problem with traffic having to be led around it air traffic control called it the stricken or stranded 747 thanks for the reply anyway.

dicksynormous
9th May 2004, 13:39
There was a problem with the nose wheel and tug. tug removed ,gear inspected, castored at 90 degrees no damage , waited for another tug to complete pushback. It caused further chaos in addition to another tug broken on 207. Gnd controller at one point told the pilot of this 747 to "shut up", adding great mirth to the sojourn during our taxi in.

hope that helps

the callsign was snowcock or iceballs or something like that

VS-075
10th May 2004, 19:14
Cheers dicksynormous just what i wanted to know dig the call signs too
:ok: