PDA

View Full Version : Limbo Land

Si Clik
8th May 2004, 19:57
Ever felt things were completely up the spout and in total limbo.

It really does feel like that at the moment wherever you go.

Ask someone how they think things are going and they will say, we're planning as usual but not sure it'll still be here next year or even what to plan for.

As those who responded to the Boulmer/Neatishead thread said - 'only the beginnning of something really quite dramatic'

I personnally have just watched 'war at sea' on BBC2 and listening to that ace storyteller and Taranto man John Welham felt decidely uneasy about the abyss we are all looking into.

I think it would be quite good if Hoon et al put us out of our misery on this one and came clean on where the axe will strike.

That way we can all make plans -- unless your a Merlin pilot and then you could do more ground training.

:\

Biggus
8th May 2004, 20:04
You will have to wait until July 21st 2004, if I remember the details of my google search correctly. That is the day when Parliament finishes for the summer recess, and the day on which details of the amount of blood to be shed will be announced. The politicians can then run away and hide to avoid embarassing questions!

At least that is what I have been led to believe!!

Impiger
9th May 2004, 08:23
Making announcements just before a recess is par for the course in government. Usually a day or two before rather than on the last day just incase business gets tricky and your announcement doesn't get made at all.

I think this technique comes from the Civil Servant's handbook and can be found in the chapter entitled 'How to Bury Bad News'!

:sad: