PDA

View Full Version : Best Seat ?

Joles
8th May 2004, 19:22
Hi !

A very funny question, but no one has been able to answer it never the less

In a 737 -300 which is the best seat to enjoy a flight ( apart from the Fl/ deck of course !)

YA

Joles

TightSlot
8th May 2004, 22:22
It is a difficult one to anwer because there are several different possible seat/galley/toilet configurations for this aircraft type. If you can be more specific, I'm sure that someone here may be able to help you.

Also, it is not clear what you mean by "best". Best for comfort, space, warmth, noise or view or some other criteria? Over to you for more details, and then to our frequent flyers for answers.

P.S. When I worked the -300 it was in charter config and there was no "best" seat in the house.

Approach_plate
9th May 2004, 08:24
If there are no bulkhead screens at the front of the aircraft, then I would say row 1 ABC.

Final 3 Greens
9th May 2004, 11:56
Joles

I'd go for the overwing emergency exit row, either a little more seat pitch or only 2 seats in the row depending on the config.

SyllogismCheck
11th May 2004, 19:32
Being the wrong side of 6' for air travel I'd go for row 1 everytime. Some people seem not to like the bulkhead in front of them, but I for one dont mind, its a lot further away than the seatback will be elsewhere meaning at least theres room to turn the pages of the newspaper and hold it at a distance within the range of normal human focus, plus you can stretch your legs without the need for double jointed knees. Your not there for long anyway but it's also quieter and when you arrive your first off. Failing that an exit row, anything to avoid the dreaded knee blisters..... er, innuendo check....perhaps its just my mind!

PAXboy
12th May 2004, 12:10
SC: "... anything to avoid the dreaded knee blisters."

All tall people get blisters on their knees and blame it on restricted seating space on aircraft. Blisters on the knees stem from crawling along the carpet of the boss' office. Therefore, all tall people are misrepresenting the cause of their blisters. Not a very good example but the best I can manage today. :=

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Holdposition
26th Jan 2005, 18:49
Just booked seat 2c, 2d on Cyprus trip with Mrs Holdposition, however, think as no row 1 these have a bulkhead in front of them. Anyone sat with bulkhead please and am I in for a nightmare.....ok ok I know that one but don't worry will be able to control Mrs Holdposition:) many thanks for any replies.

davethelimey
27th Jan 2005, 09:35
The best seat will depend absolutely on the airline. Try www.seatguru.com for the definitive answer.

allthatglitters
27th Jan 2005, 16:42
having worked on a charter config -300, 1ABC & 1DEF had the narrowest seats on the aircraft and 1DEF had a bulkhead in front. To make matters worse use to use on scheduled service and use as business class seating, no wonder the pax allocated use to complain...

avoman
27th Jan 2005, 21:04
Seats narrower? It is true! Because of the antique airframe design which tapers into the cabin the front few and aft couple of rows do indeed have narrower seats. So if you are fat do not sit here. Emergency exit rows probably best.

spiney
28th Jan 2005, 22:01
Delicated balance between proximity to front exit, distance from toilet queue and as far away from screaming kids as you can forecast. Definately an isle rather than a window.... 4C?

Worst seats are at the rear... though I'm reliably informed they are the safest - never seen a 737 reverse into a mountainside yet...:\

PilotsPal
29th Jan 2005, 13:55
The worst seats aren't necessarily the ones at the rear. If it's a free choice, heading straight down the back often means you get your choice of aisle or window, its easier to get your stuff loaded into the overhead locker, and families and general undesirables so often seem to want to be as close to the front as possible.

If you've got baggage checked, by the time you get off and wander along to the carousel, chances are you won't have to stand around for so long with OPKs doing their best to prevent you grabbing your bag and/or ramming you with a trolley.

Holdposition
29th Jan 2005, 13:59
just had it confirmed that seats 02G/02H are the ones we have got :confused: don't know if should be :D or :( looked on various sites and tried to show Mrs Holdposition: but she is now as confused as me:).

the_flying_cop
2nd Feb 2005, 10:54
recently went on BA city express manchester to lyon.

DO NOT sit on the back row (thinks its 18 or 19). seats do not recline, and seem to be at a stupid angle inducing much discomfort, secondly there is an even smaller amount of leg room.

most dissapointed with BA for this. even had to pay for my drinks....whats that all about????

give me a ryan air or easy jet any day.

Wannabe Flyboy
2nd Feb 2005, 11:27
DO NOT sit on the back row (thinks its 18 or 19). seats do not recline, and seem to be at a stupid angle inducing much discomfort, secondly there is an even smaller amount of leg room.
If you were in a 146 then you've got a good point. The D seats in the front few rows are even worse; VERY narrow.

most dissapointed with BA for this. even had to pay for my drinks....whats that all about????
Unless it was champagne (£4/quarter bottle) you don't pay for drinks at all.

give me a ryan air or easy jet any day.
Sigh.

Final 3 Greens
2nd Feb 2005, 12:45
most dissapointed with BA for this. even had to pay for my drinks....whats that all about???? Sounds like a BA regional charter.

fyrefli
4th Feb 2005, 22:53
The worst seats aren't necessarily the ones at the rear. If it's a free choice, heading straight down the back often means you get your choice of aisle or window, its easier to get your stuff loaded into the overhead locker, and families and general undesirables so often seem to want to be as close to the front as possible.

Straight down the back, plonk in a window seat (choice dependent upon desired on-route viewing) in the penultimate row (the back seats are pretty cramped), unless it's full it's very rare for anyone to take the middle seat so, in the cruise, I can lift the armrest and plonk the laptop on the middle seat tray table, avoiding that 'hunched-up' experience.

And on arrival in UK home airport of BRS it's straight off the via the rear steps :)

Cheers,

Rich.