PDA

View Full Version : Virgin or Emirates

Have a Break
8th May 2004, 10:33
I'm having a bit of a crisis at the moment and am in need of some help.
Now I have recently (last year actually) lost my job as a Pilot due to that wonderful word that is "cost saving" and have had to move back to England where I am originally from.

Don't get me wrong I love flying but I'd really like to swap places and work down the back for a while. Now you're probably thinking I want to do it as I think it's an easy life and not hard work....WRONG. I just want after several years flying not to have the same pressures and be "locked" in a cockpit but still want the lifestyle, travel and nightstops.

Now I may not even pass the selection but I quite fancy Emirares (based DXB) or Virgin (based LHR/LGW).

This is where I need some advise. Bearing in mind I still want to have a good social side to it who do you recommend? What are the crews like? The nightstops? The parties? The....well you know.... the fun side of it (and I don't mean the
:mad: before anyone asks!!)

Anyway, any help would be gratefully appreciated!!

tiba
8th May 2004, 12:23
yeaaa the night spots in dubai are fab! :D

moremilk
9th May 2004, 17:56
Go for Emirates matey,some of the layovers can be fun and Dubai has a great nightlife,a lot of great people here.

Ranjha83
11th May 2004, 12:39
I would agree with all others, Emirates all the way:)

Good luck . :ok:

Have a Break
12th May 2004, 04:55
Thanks folks, looks like EK it will be. Funny though as I thought VS would get a lot of good feedback.
Does anyone work for them here?
Anyway, thanks again.

Khaosai
15th May 2004, 07:49
Worked for both, enjoy the job with EK more due to variation in the flying. Socially, VS wins hands down. Good luck with the job hunting, but don't stay out of the flightdeck too long or questions will be asked when you do decide to start again. Rgds.

butterflygirl
18th May 2004, 06:07
Just to let you know that if you after fun layovers I would probably say go for Virgin!!! Emirates crew for some reason have become soooo boring. Most of them are there to SAVE SAVE SAVE. But on the plus side, Dubai is a great place to live!!

SecurID
24th May 2004, 14:38
Why aren't you on any of my crew Butterflygirl?? I'm constantly trying to have fun down route but keep getting snubbed by the pot noodle brigade!