PDA

View Full Version : Doctor can you help my sick Falco??

cambioso
8th May 2004, 08:58
HELP ! Is there a member in your esteemed ranks that can help me.
I have a factory built (1959) F8L Aeromere Falco. The RH trailing link oleo is leaking gas (not oil). I've had the oil level checked and the leg holds gas with no hissing but "goes down" over a few days.
I'm absolutely desperate to find someone who can dismantle and refurb this Italian oleo but nobody seems to have any idea who.
Perhaps you know somebody who might help.....?
I really would appreciate any ideas (except putting a match to her...I love her too much!!).
Thanks guys.

Camb.

Genghis the Engineer
8th May 2004, 10:42
Not I, but have you tried Old Sarum Engineering? There's a very nice Falco down there which I believe they look after, so they have have some expertise or contacts that can do the job?

G

Shannon volmet
8th May 2004, 11:27
I remember back in the dim & distant '70's when I was part of the team that re-built the Shuttleworth Mk V Spitfire to flying condition at Duxford, we had the same problem with the starboard oleo. Give the techies at Old Warden a call, they may be able to help you, as we had to have it rebuilt. I think Dowty Rotol did the necessary, but I'm not 100% sure. Good luck.:ok:

cambioso
8th May 2004, 21:31
Thanks Genghis, if it was the Falco that was based at Old Sarum 3 years ago, it's not there any more......I bought it !! It was maintained at Meppershall.

Shannon, great contact thanks, - I'll give them a call Monday.

Camb.